Discuss What should I be ordering?! (Toilet syphon) in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all -

Our toilet has got very difficult to flush. A couple of very quick goes on the handle will do it sometimes, but not others!

So we are considering replacing the innards ourselves. I suppose the first question is: is that sensible? ;)

Assuming it is, we have looked on various online marketplaces and are rather confused as to what we should be getting. We have found items that look similar on Amazon but they say10.5", 9.5", 7.5" etc. What is that measurement - from the bottom of the inside of the cistern to the top of the existing syphon? That measurement seems to be 11.5" on the current one. Would buying (for example) a smaller 10.5" one cause a problem?

Any help, pointers or links to guides would be highly appreciated!

Cheers - Jon

Attachments

• 1690544957907.jpg
    1690544957907.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 15
  • 1690544927500.jpg
    1690544927500.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 14

Reply to What should I be ordering?! (Toilet syphon) in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Hello, Getting some work done in my downstairs WC and my installer and given me a list of products to buy with some recommendations. We are...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views
Convertible 6/7/9 litre syphon in situ in our toilet, in house we moved into a few months ago. Looks most similar to the Dudley S90 Hydro, of...
Replies
Views
Hi from the USA- I'm a plumbing engineer and master plumber in the USA who is going to be building a new home and plan on using European wall-hung...
Replies
Views
Back