Discuss What should be used to connect WC into cast iron elbow? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Customer had this installed behind boxing which he removed recently to find it'd been leaking for ages.

What should be done to re-do it properly?

rsz_photo1094.jpgrsz_photo1095.jpg

Actually now I look at it looks like the pan connector itself is siliconed onto the pan outlet.

no not silicon

2 ways

I would cut cast pipe as it comes out of stack collar and connector into that

or

Use existing collar the pan connector is going into and cut a small length of 4'' plastic soil pipe,so it just fits inside the existing collar,than to this solvent weld all the outside pipe and rub in dry grit from outside giving a rough finish to outer plastic pipe,this can then be cemented into the cast collar(use jet set if you like) and pan connector fitted snug into it

imho

a long pan connector might fit into the pipe at the bottom of the socket or cement a bit of 4 inch plastic into the collar.A ring of newspaper in the bottom of the joint will stop any cement going through

So that's two of you saying you can cement 4" pipe into the collar and then put connector into that. Sounds like a plan then. thanks!

just give the inside of the collar a good clean to aid the cement to bind. customers tooth brush if you cant find anything else to use! :)

you can use an extention multikwik to go straight through the socket into the pipe itself then cut it to length and put the pan connector into it, then silicone up the gap (just to finish it off, it isnt sealing it) you either need an Ext A if the pipe is 4", or an Ext B if the pipe is 3.5"

You could do it the old fashioned way with plumbers putty and hemp!

i whould think about just cutting of the elbow and slap in a 90 pan connector or go with kirk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What should be used to connect WC into cast iron elbow? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock