Search the forum,

Discuss What paperwork comes with unsafe warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

POWDERPUFF

Hi and I hope you can help. We have had ongoing issues with a boiler and it has been shut down now by HSE.

What happened was the landlord had not been having the boiler checked in years since it broke down last. He brought plumbers in who even though i was in the house with my child. the landlord nor the plumber would give me any paperwork when i asked. I rang gas safe who said yes there would be an unsafe warning etc, so i wrote to the landlord to get this for the doctors.

would there have been a report as well as this unsafe certificate as it turns out the plumber i paid to come in afterwards to help me said they [ the landlords] had done smoke testing with the landlord present as my plumbers could see the remains inside.

what i want to know is .. would there have been a report to go with this unsafe warning as it seems the landlord was told by his plumbers to replace the boiler.

and can i get this report somehow as although we have had working memory damage i am worried about my sons heart as well as he seems very breathless and pants.

we dont have the boiler on..at all until we move

if its dangerous it should have been made safe,and yes there may be a report but it was given to the landlord

thanks, they did give it to the landlord and he will not give it to me. I just wanted to know how long it may have been leaking for. I did ask the landlord he gave me the unsafe warning with
spillage of incorect fluing as a reason .. the neurologist would find it helpful but i cant get the report if there was one.

thank you for replying.

yes it was positive and working memory damage[ i cant retain new information that well] with toxicology and IQ tests, i just wanted to know how long it may have been for so it would be to say when we would get better .

i just cant seem to get the report the first plumber found as the landlord wont give it to me.. if there was a report to go with the unsafe warning ..

involve gas safe and your local trading standards. the trading standards can invoke criminal proceedings and then the police have the right to search the landlords property for evidence should the need arise.

i remember this one from a few months back.....is this really still goin on powderpuff??!!! your landlord is a right idiot,if i was you and if you can i'd get out of that property and report this guy to gas safe and they should be able to take it further. Have you not done this already? we did advise you back in march....get it sorted now for your own and your son's health. all the best.

Hi again, it is me =] we are moving out of the area and that means away from the gps and the doctors who were treating us ..and start at the begining again ie with the neurologists etc.. it is a long tale of gas safe register telling me that because the landlord paid the original plumber the money i have no right to the paperwork

it means the neurologists are having a hard time working backwards for time scales ..ie the boiler broke down in 2007 after 2 years of no checks.. the first plumber said it failed a gas tightness test then because he was too expensive the landlord had his friend fix it. in 2007

.then in 2009 transco tell me the boiler has major sooting that i in my stupidity had been washing off the walls all the time..the landord then gets his first plumber in who wouldnt give me the paperwork..as the landlord was on the property at the same time and the landord was going to pay him 3,000+ for new boiler.

thanks for all your help, i did get a photocopy of the unsafe warning from landord but as the plumber i paid for gave me an unsafe ID warning + a report days after the landlords first plumber came on the scene i thought he might be hiding this as well.

sorry a bit of a jumble.. the hse did make the landlord do a safety check 6 months later but will not prosecute.

anway thank you i thought i could save trouble with new doctors when i try and show them . It takes a while on the NHS to get seeing people and my son would say to his advantage i forget if he has brushed his teeth or not. =[

Very Simple. It is a legal requirement for every landlord to have the gas installation (Their appliances and installation) Tested annually for safety. A copy should be lft with you, and they and the engineer have a copy. You have a legal right to this to ensure you are safe. If the certificate is in hand and completed by a registered engineer then any investigation will revolve around that. However, when you first complained did the landlord send someone out ? and is it their appliance or your own. Have you had a Gas Safe Inspector out to inspect the unit and identify whether it is or not dangerous, and do you have that report. The facts are the facts and only a full inspection will confirm the appliance. Gas Safe will be more than happy to attend and take charge. That's their role - Greater Public Safety and Awareness, and if a landlord has to be prosecuted to safeguard other tenants then that is the deal.
Hope all resolves well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What paperwork comes with unsafe warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock