Search the forum,

Discuss What is this plastic piece called? (newbie) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

teamboxer

Hi there
Currys refused to fit my new washing machine because the blue pushfit plastic piece is missing on the tpiece under my sink - and they claim they couldnt turn the water off without it.

Does anyone know whats its called and where I can get them? Homebase/B&Q?

Its the red and blue parts i think isolaters or summit.

Thanks in advance

Adam

Sounds like all you need is a isolating valve......

Washing Machine Valve Without C/V - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

Hope this helps mate!

I'm sure PlumberDan's correct. If it helps, you can probably leave the old nut and olive on when fitting the new one. Use some PTFE tape wrapped around the olive on the pipe then fit the new piece to the old nut. This will save putting in a new piece of pipe. Pump pliers to hold the piece and adjustable wrench to tighten the nut. Piece of cake!!

Alternatively, if the old one can be turned off and on with a crosshead screwdriver, you might not need a new valve in the first place.

if i read the first post correctly. it looks like its the red or blue plastic lever that operates the washing machine tap thats missing. any plumber will have one knocking about his van or tool box. failing that go to your nearest plumbers merchant and beg for one!

surely theres a tap under your sink to turn the water off without these red and blue fittings anyway? every house should have one??
SHAME ON CURRYS!!

It sounds like the plastic levers missing, if so you can turn it with a small spanner or adjustables. If this is the case then the curry's guys want shooting.

Let's have it right! if you work for curry's as a plumber, all initiative go's out the window................i mean, why should he have a pair of pliers on board to spin the valve on/off, we all know he had a spare lever on his van, it was just a cop out.

if i was working for curries wages id carry a few bits round annd try to nick a few quid of the customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What is this plastic piece called? (newbie) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock