Discuss what is the correct information on what boiler you must fit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbster3456

Hi all
I was just wondering what is the full info on which condensing boiler to fit etc
can you still fit B rated condensing boilers ? ( I no they sell them I fit them myself ) but what I am getting on at is this ok with building regs?

I always fit condensing boilers however every time I go to quote for a boiler some one else has quoted using a normal combi boiler.
Can you actually get in trouble for this?
I asked gas safe once and they said there is nothing in there regs which state you cant fit normal combis.
So why, how or even who would give you into trouble for this?

At this moment, you can still fit Band B boilers, but from 1 Oct, Part L will require Band A.

so why is nearly every boiler job or full system i go to quote for the people in the home have said the other guy who quoted wanted to fit non condensing combi boiler?
What I mean is in scotland we dont have to notify boiler jobs or even full systems to gas safe or building control and every one is quoting using normal combis (half the time) so does this mean building control dont care if you fit them?
I Keep getting told from home owners especially ones that are letted property's they are not wanting a condensing boiler and go with the other guy because the normal combis are cheaper.
Do you think they are getting away with this because they dont have to be notified? should scotland follow the same route as england/wales and make full systems and boiler swaps notifiable to gas safe/building control.
Would this solve the problem or does the fitting of normal combis still happen in england even when there is a drain less than 2 feet away (like the one i went to look at 2 days ago and that they went with the guy who gave them a price £150 cheaper beacause it was a normal combi boiler).
Im confused about why everyone is still doing this ? and when I tell the customer it should be condensing they say the other plumber never said that then go with other plumber because cheaper.
Help I think I have lost at least 8 boiler swaps this year for this reason alone (note they were all letted propertys) :confused:

"Where it is impractical or uneconomic to install a condensing boiler, the dwelling may be assessed as given in the Guide to Condensing Boiler Installation Assessment procedure for dwellings (Scotland)(53). Where this assessment confirms a non-condensing boiler can be fitted it should have a minimum SEDBUK efficiency of 78% (natural gas) or 80% (LPG)."

Domestic heating by gas boiler systems-CE30

Maybe that clause is what they are working by. Untill it is better regulated they will get away with it.:confused:

It happens all the time mainly in letted properties because the landlords are tightrses and want everything done as cheap as possible. Mainly Vokera Compacts (Sabres) supplied through the place in Hillington. If people only have a certain amount of money to spend then you can't really force them to fit condensers or even trv's or roomstats, no matter what the building regs state. If you refuse someone else will do it.
As long as they continue to be sold, someone will fit them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what is the correct information on what boiler you must fit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock