Discuss What could be the problem??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizme

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I had a call from a customer this week that there is no hot water in his house which he has rented out. Went to check and tenants living there said that when they have no hot water and and the boiler is not firing. The boiler is located outside the kitchen in a small compartment. The boiler was installed 5 yrs ago and there has been no service done on the boiler since.
The pilot is on but the boiler was not firing, checked the programmer (a very old programmer i.e. Randall 30 60 almost 20 yrs old ) connected to the mains power coming in and nothing going out so changed the programmer, the boiler would fire but after few seconds the circuit would trip. Checked the pump and this was burnt out. Hence today changed the pump with great difficulty as the pump valve nuts had seized but managed to undo them and after fitting the new pump tightened the valve as hard as I could and still the pump valves were dripping. Switched on the timer and the boiler fired, but after a couple of minute it would go off and this kept on happening, so undid the front screw on the pump to check if the pump was working, which it wasn't and turned the inner screw and the pump started working and still it would do the same. The interval of boiler firing up has managed to heat the water.
The tenants informed me they haven't used the heating for the last 4 years and when I took out the old pump there was alot of debris in there and burning smell as well. So it was late so I just left the system on and let the boiler do what it was doing.
Would any one have any idea why is the boiler doing what it is doing and what would be the way out. Is there air in the system that is making the boiler fire at intervals.
Any advice would be much appreciated. Many Thanks in advance

well if going on and off,heat not leaving boiler very well,heating not used for years,seems like pipework blocked somewere,good luck,think you may need it

Agree with Puddle.

Flush out whole system, then go over whole system to make sure what is supposed to be working is,then try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What could be the problem??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock