Discuss What Asbestos Awareness course/test? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys, Looking to do an asbestos awareness course, apparently they can be done online (??). Has anyone done it themselves? I see a lot of jobs advertised and they ask for it or say it is an advantage to have. Any recommendations? Thanks

It might be an advantage but if they are over a certain size I believe they have to put you through it as part of health and safety.

I could be wrong but the last 2 companies I have worked for have.

It might be an advantage but if they are over a certain size I believe they have to put you through it as part of health and safety.

I could be wrong but the last 2 companies I have worked for have.
Do you know who the course provider was when you did it?

online is fine, about 1.5hrs and cost about £30, print the cert off, jobs a guden.

Do you know who the course provider was when you did it?

No idea. I have had a few asbestos courses and they are all the same don't do this don't do that. Ask them how you are able to fit a heating system and not get a straight answer. A bit like dealing with gas safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What Asbestos Awareness course/test? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
I have been given a quote to fix a noisy tap. Apparently they have to “replace breech to main shower” — which I understand to mean the thing...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Not sure if it's a plumbers job or another trade but thought I'd ask. I am installing a new toilet downstairs next to an outside wall...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm planning on replacing a couple of rads soon as they are far too small for the size of the room causing the room to take an age to heat...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock