Search the forum,

Discuss website ???????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Sorry I know this one has been flogged to death

Gents your thoughts please ...I have umed and ared about this for a few years now.

I am a one man band, and usually have plenty work on, do I need a website ???

Sorry I know this one has been flogged to death

Gents your thoughts please ...I have umed and ared about this for a few years now.

I am a one man band, and usually have plenty work on, do I need a website ???

What sort of work do you do, and for what sort of clientele?

Are you busy? If you have all the work you can handle, there isn't much point putting time, effort and money into customer acquisition.

Hi townfanjon im same as you ive hummed n hayed for ages and i am gona do it because i think its more proffessional but only reason i havent yet as only be turning work away at the mo, but a simple website isnt dear like already mentioned,

I have a simple one (much like myself :lol:) that one of my IT mates cobbled together for me.
Gives a rough idea of services and prices and a page for feedback from customers. I get about 3 enquiries a month from it.

I must admit regarding my c/h/plumbing/hvac business there is no web site
I do all my business on phone and thro my contacts and regular
customers built up over the past 20 years.

My other newer business projects of course have web sites
and we do quite well .

I often consider the web if you put up a site as a
plumber will this make you seem too expensive to
anybody older than 40

But then anybody 20 -30 will use the web BUT are they
home owners ? often not and then its a landlord issue

There is a business model for this consumer area which
if any one on here is keen to know I will carry on

centralheatking

What sort of work do you do, and for what sort of clientele?

Are you busy? If you have all the work you can handle, there isn't much point putting time, effort and money into customer acquisition.

Hi Ray, my clientele quite simply is anybody on the other end of the phone, there is no particular age/wealth etc etc
Work as I said is generally good, however and this is the main reason I have re-thought the website idea..... Last year was a good year, but several things have happened in 2014, I lost mum in January, I had the hernia opp in Feb, followed by a big ish layoff in March. a lot off work 'sorting' mums house, will, solicitors, estate agents etc etc in April, and then a holiday a few weeks ago, in other words I have only just got going this year LOL.
But my point being if this had been a normal year I probably would not have had enough work. (just) but there's loads on at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to website ???????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH...
Replies
Views
Where to source this type of toilet seat from ? Does anyone know where to source one of these nowadays, been advised it's about 35 years old now...
Replies
Views
Morning gents and gals, I have a Milano Tower Shower about 15 years old, where I have a couple of issues :- 1. The shower head has seen better...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I was finished my plumber course level2 need company o man to signature my portfolio. I was finished last year. I try to find company no easy to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock