Search the forum,

Discuss website domains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

on31ll

anyone know if you buy a domain for instance plumberinwirral.co.uk will that come up on google in sombody searches plumber in wirral ? i was talking that seo through with a lad onsite but he said seo works but google gives direct matchs first ?

You can register any domain name you want as long as its not been registered already

Wording on a website is much more important.

If someone googles plumbers in my post code, my website comes up first, because my post code and the word plumbers are mentioned early in the file.

(Makes me laugh when someone says they can get me higher up google for my area!)

try mine...plumbernotts

dont fall into that seo carp either its a money making scam by developers. they do it once gets outdated within a couple of months then they re sell you the same job to 'increase' the rating.

no my point is i have my website but if i bout another domain called plumberinwallasey.co.uk with an automatic redirection to my main website would that actually do anything ?

no, your down to the search optimization on that, 2 webs though = twice the traffic i suppose

If your existing domain is over 1 year old then keep using that. Google regards all domains that are under a year old as spam so there is very little chance of them ranking highly unless it's for a very uncompetitive keyword such as 'plumber in [insert name of small village]'.

I learnt this the hard way when I moved to lincoln and bought lincolnplumberandelectrician.co.uk . I stopped using dripbusters.co.uk which is over 5 years old now. When I reversed that decision I shot up to #4 for 'lincoln plumber' in 1 day. Exactly the same website, just using the older domain name.

cheers croft ! i did that wagamamas in lincoln found there wasnt much up in lincoln when staying there !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to website domains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Evening all. Not sure if this is the most appropriate place to post this in the forum, happy to move if not. I'm looking for a metallic 32mm...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock