Search the forum,

Discuss 32mm Matt Black Metallic Waste Pipes - Where to Get? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Evening all. Not sure if this is the most appropriate place to post this in the forum, happy to move if not.

I'm looking for a metallic 32mm matt black waste pipe, to match up with a matt back trap. The pipe that comes with the trap is 400mm, which isn't long enough for my installation. I'd like to run a single length of pipe through a (originally external) cavity wall. The supplied 400mm pipe is not long enough for this, and don't want a visible joint under the sink.

Any suggestions on where I could source one? A pretty extensive Google search has not returned any results. Lots of plastic, no metal.

Alternative is to get chrome one and spray it, but this is extra work and not ideal.

Thanks in advance!

I think you may be Rubbish out of luck with that one.

How big is the basin if the trap to the wall is over 400mm?

When doing chrome ones I use one of these and then the chrome shroud covers the fitting, I presume you have a black one?. It would look something like this

1691275891677.png

Have you tried asking the supplier / manufacturer of the trap if they can let you have a piece of pipe longer than the standard 400mm?

A metal-finisher will put a nice matt-black powder-coating on a length of stainless tubing for you but, for a single piece, this is going to be expensive.

The waste centre is 250mm from the wall. So the remaining 150mm is not enough to get through the cavity.
I wasn't aware of the Mcalpine fitting you have linked to. If this was available in black, then it may well be suitable. I was hoping just to use the matt black cover that comes with the waste and feed the pipe straight through the wall, and have a joint on the other side of the cavity. Hence a longer pipe.

Have you tried asking the supplier / manufacturer of the trap if they can let you have a piece of pipe longer than the standard 400mm?

A metal-finisher will put a nice matt-black powder-coating on a length of stainless tubing for you but, for a single piece, this is going to be expensive.
Yeah I have emailed, waiting on a response. I suspect the answer will be no though, as probably manufactured in China to those set lengths!

You don't need it in black. You should have a black cover plate which will go over the chrome. The reason I would use that fitting is because its the smallest compression fitting you can get and it fits behind the cover shroud

unless your black cover has no depth to it and is completely flat

Thought it might be worth updating with the solution that I found.

Victorian Plumbing do a "Arezzo Round Modern Matt Black Basin Bottle Trap + Tube to Floor Pipe Set" which has a long waste pipe in the set. This was just long enough to go through the cavity wall without a split, which is ideal. So I bought the set, chopped the pipe at the start of the 90deg bend. Works perfectly.

Now have a spare bottle trap for the next project too.

@fowlerboi I did get the small McAlpine connectors you suggested, but wasn't happy with how the cover shroud for the black waste fitted over it, and also the unnecessary joint in the pipe. Thanks for the suggestion though.

That’s a good solution.
But at £150 compared to about £3 you can see why it’s not one we can often use when spending someone else’s money!!

Reply to 32mm Matt Black Metallic Waste Pipes - Where to Get? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock