Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Water tank system help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

doppiooo

Hi Guys
I have a couple of plumbing questions I would like some help with.
We have a wetroom basin, a cloakroom basin and toilet all supplied with cold water from a loft tank. The immersion heater cylinder is also supplied from the loft tank.
The wetroom electric shower and the kitchen cold tap are mains fed.
We have no central heating as we have Electric storage heaters.

My question is; Can I easily and is it possible to change over the cold water tank supply to the two basins and the toilet to the mains while leaving the immersion heater cylinder still fed from the tank.?

My other question ;
I have bought a new replacement Twyford close coupling toilet and was supplied with a foam doughnut washer. Is this foam washer any good or are there better types available.

Thanks in advance :confused:

Hi. The wc cisterns and basins can be connected to the mains no problem. Providing there individual taps not mixers.However you with need to change the orifice in the ball valves on wc cisterns to high pressure (smaller hole/orifice)
As for close coupled wc use the one supplied. I would only think of alternatives if problems arise. Good Luck

Thanks Justlead1.
The new closed coupling wc has a different flushing mechanism unlike the old low level one that I am replacing. The old one has a ball valve but the new one dont have this type. On the instructions it says Dual Flush Fitted Cistern. Everything is pre-assembled. It does say that the inlet valve will operate at 0.1 to 10 bar pressure but recommends a minimum of 0.25 bar pressure to fill the cistern in 2 minutes and that a service valve is reqiured to be fitted to the inlet valve or the water supply, does this mean I need not worry about the orifice in the ball valve.

Hi. If you are fitting a service valve? It becomes a suck it a see situation. If it misbehaves when fitted (probably mains valve any way) sort it then. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water tank system help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock