Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Water stopped flowing from shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Got a call that customer was anxious to get sorted. The water through their shower valve had suddenly stopped. I got her to send me photos, then did some research to see if parts available. Dreaded going to job today, as I knew it could mean ordering parts and another call. It was about a 15 mile drive. Her husband had already taken cover off in a failed attempt to sort it.

Here is the valve -

image.jpg

But here is what was wrong :smile: :-

image.jpg

Last edited:
hahaha least that was an easy fix and easy £100

hahaha least that was an easy fix and easy £100

Yes, and no! I was relieved that's all it was. But customer is a really nice girl and pregnant, so I put the cover etc on and asked her for £30 and left. She was very thankful and I have to service her boiler later.
She could have afforded to pay me a lot more, but I just couldn't charge her. I know I am soft.

Last edited:
Yes, and no! I was relieved that's all it was. But customer is a really nice girl and pregnant, so I put the cover etc on and asked her for £30 and left. She was very thankful and I have to service her boiler later.
She could have afforded to pay me a lot more, but I just couldn't charge her. I know I am soft.

There your good deed for the day

You ain`t gonna get rich at £30, £50 minimum for me. But if your happy so be it.

You ain`t gonna get rich at £30, £50 minimum for me. But if your happy so be it.

You are right. I am not making money. Probably took me a large part of an hour travelling both ways. Then another hour doing little. I can't seem to charge anymore than £40 for an easy call out. I just asked her for £30. Tbh I was glad it was easy. But nice decent customer and more jobs later, so some benefit I guess.

Last edited:
I've never seen one with an off swtich? What's the point?

Apparently it is not the original handset, but a replacement from Lidl.
I also wondered why the need for a on/off switch on hand set, but I suppose it is more convenient just at your hand, exactly as RPM describes

Could be handy for disabled, poorly sighted custards I suppose.

Plus good to have one on the van if you get customer who has dripping shower and doesn't want/can't afford a proper fix. Neater than rigging up a handle iso on the hose which I did in that situation about 5 years ago. Forgot I had and got a call from him the other day. The handle had become brittle and snapped off. He wanted a new handle.

Plus good to have one on the van if you get customer who has dripping shower and doesn't want/can't afford a proper fix. Neater than rigging up a handle iso on the hose which I did in that situation about 5 years ago. Forgot I had and got a call from him the other day. The handle had become brittle and snapped off. He wanted a new handle.

That's a great idea! I would never have thought of using a valve or handset that has a built in valve, to stop a dripping shower. Even for on a temporary basis until you can get parts to repair or replace the shower.

Jesus. That must be the first idea I've ever had that was of any use to anyone.

I was due.

....Well it was such a good idea I am going to keep that in mind for the future!
I have even done a thanks! :smile:
Let's just hope the pipework leaving the shower valve can take the pressure build up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water stopped flowing from shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock