Search the forum,

Discuss Water pressure problem on worcester cdi30 greenstar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yeha1

Hi all, I'm new on the forum and wondering if any of you kind people have an answer to my question.
I have a worcester cdi30 greenstar condensing boiler around 16 months old anyway on sunday I took a upstairs radiator off so that the bedroom can be plastered, the pressure dropped which I built back up, since sunday the pressure keep dropping and I have no hot water.
It will display a code of U9 then count down, U8,U7 ect. then it will go to numbers starting at 99 count down then count back up the numbers into the U1 up to U9 again then display for eg 59.
The water will then be hot and boiler be be in working order but when left for a few hours or over night the pressure drops again and have no hot water.
I have not got the heating on at all and I have kept the bedroom rad off untill it gets palstered.
I have filled the pressure as it says in the manual and I am abit confused as to how it loosing pressure,
CAN ANY BODY PLEASE HELP TO SAVE ME GETTING RIPPED OFF.
THANKS KIND PEOPLE.
Daz.
P.S, it wasnt good getting a cold wash in the last 2 mornings at 5am.

Well if it was not doing it before you removed the radiator then you need to double check the rad valves are completely shut off. Are they screwed down or have you capped them?

Did you drain the whole system or simply isolate one radiator and remove?

Check the manual at the rear for explanation of fault codes you are receiving.

It may be a blocked auto air vent causing air in or around the pump.

Also:

"CAN ANY BODY PLEASE HELP TO SAVE ME GETTING RIPPED OFF.
THANKS KIND PEOPLE."

Not all plumbers and gas engineers are out to rip people off. Most of us are genuine engineers who work in the industry because we enjoy getting people like yourself back up and running.

If in doubt, ask around and get a Gas Safe registered engineer out to look at it for you.

Cheers

Thanks for getting back,
I only isolated the rad I took off, I screwed 1 side down and put a cap on the other that had the thermostate on after taking it off.
The manual doesnt explain the fualt code of U9.?.

Sorry mate, I'll take that back about getting ripped off, its just that I have been in the past with not knowing much about boilers.

I will try get in contact with the guy who fitted it for me.
I dont want to have the same problem after I have put the rad back on next week.
Thanks,

i take it you did not just isolate the radiator then?how did you drain the system down?

Yes I only isolated the radiator I took off, I did not drain the system.
its funny how the pressure is dropping after a few hours.

if you only isolated the one radiator then you would not have had any drop:confused:

It dropped right done to 0.

I will try turning it off at the fuse spur to see what happens, it wont be untill later as im in work at the moment.

Thanks.

It dropped right done to 0.

I will try turning it off at the fuse spur to see what happens, it wont be untill later as im in work at the moment.

Thanks.
whats the fused spur got to do with pressure loss:confused::confused::confused:

Ha ha, some one had posted to try that but seems they have deleted it know, they must of sealised themselves.

There should be a pipe that goes from the boiler through the wall to the outside. Fill the system to one bar and then go outside and see if it is dripping?

I'm just wondering if you may have over pressurised the system and now the blow off wont seat properly and is passing.

If you isolated just the one radiator and then removed it, the system pressure should not have dropped buy much if at all.

Double check the valves and pipes to ensure no leaks.

Other than that, you need to get an engineer out to investigate.

There is no leak from the outside.
Just spoke to the guy who fitted it and he recommended I put the radiator back on.
I will put the radiator back on this afternoon, refill and bleed it and see what happens from here, the only thing is I will need to take it off again at the weekend. I must of not shut the valve off fully when I first went to drain and take off the radiator.

Thanks again.

Right guys, I found the problem, 1 of the valves was leaking from the pipe were the screw thread is, only found it as the water was dripping through the brickwork into the conservatory,
Anyway I drained a bit of the system to change the valve and refilled and bleed all the radiators but the problem I have now is when I turned the heating on there is a trickeling sound from one of the upstairs radiators.
I turned the heating on and off a few times last night but each time I turned it back on I heard the trickeling.
All the radiators heat up its just the trickeling as I turn it on.????
I dont want to sound thick as I havent muck knowledge of heating systems but have you any ideas on what this is and how to solve it.

Thanks Guys.

Right guys, I found the problem, 1 of the valves was leaking from the pipe were the screw thread is, only found it as the water was dripping through the brickwork into the conservatory,
Anyway I drained a bit of the system to change the valve and refilled and bleed all the radiators but the problem I have now is when I turned the heating on there is a trickeling sound from one of the upstairs radiators.
I turned the heating on and off a few times last night but each time I turned it back on I heard the trickeling.
All the radiators heat up its just the trickeling as I turn it on.????
I dont want to sound thick as I havent muck knowledge of heating systems but have you any ideas on what this is and how to solve it.

Thanks Guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water pressure problem on worcester cdi30 greenstar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock