Discuss Water Heater Replacement Questions in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

I have a tank Bradford White 50 gallon gas hot water heater for a 1700 sq ft home with 2 1/2 baths, HOWEVER, I am only one person living there. It was installed in March of 2015 so it is 8 years old. I believe life expectancy for a typical hot water heater is around 10 - 12 years so I will be getting there soon.

Is it reasonable to expect mine to last longer than average since there has only been one person using it? And do people generally replace a working hot water heater "proactively" after a certain amount of time or do they generally just wait for it to have issues. I have been told by some that if you wait, you are guaranteed to have a flood in the basement and by others that they only had a small puddle when it went.

Thoughts?

Get a gas fitter to come and take a look at it. He/she will be able to advise you about your heater. Oh, and don't listen to unqualified people about your gas appliances. Always get a qualified gas fitter (with experience) to do the work.

Reply to Water Heater Replacement Questions in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an unvented water heater which for some reason every year causes me issues. At the end of 2023 I noticed that the pressure valve...
Replies
Views
hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
B
Hi everyone, I have a Santon Premier Plus PP120E (unvented direct immersion heater) fitted with two thermostats, which provides hot water to taps...
Replies
Views
Bridog
B
I noticed the other day, I had to repair a leaky valve that fed water to the refrigerator and washing machine. I noticed after I turned the main...
Replies
Views
Back