Discuss Water coming through floorboards and damp under stairs (new) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
Just joined - and would really appreciate some help with the following.

I've been living in my house for about 15 years - no major plumbing issues. Earlier on this year, I noted avery small amount of water coming up through my wood flooring in my sitting room, in between the 'joins'.

Now also next to my sitting room -there is a small mini room 'under the stairs'. Here - the humidity has suddenly shot right up - seems to be about 80% all the time (not just when its been hot outside).
A gas meter is here but there are no smells of gas, and I cannot hear any hissing.
But the walls have got a LOT damp and I have bought a dehumidifier to sort things out - but it is doing so very slowly.

Water pressure in the house is normal (its ok, never been great).
Am I missing something obvious here ? Any help welcome.
thanks
Leon

I can relate to water coming through the floor boards. Same problem here in a lower level apartment whose windows level are literally at ground level. When you step in the floor, water oozes out between the planks. A motor noise used to make water gurgling sounds like a pump after a heavy rain, but no longer makes noise but rather w it’s a smell of oil or gas. Very concerning. And advice please remark and great advice being given.

Sounds like your sump pump has burnt out

Reply to Water coming through floorboards and damp under stairs (new) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
C
I live in an ex local authority end terrace house. I am unsure if I have an underground leak from a water pipe? Scottish Water tell me they can't...
Replies
Views
Hey there I'm looking for some advice on a potential issue I'm having with an old back boiler. So just moved into my parents' old house with my...
Replies
Views
Hi all, sorry about the long post but a novice here looking for some advice... I've just bought a 12 bedroom private house with 3 bathrooms that...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Back