Currently reading:
washing machines

Discuss washing machines in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

deandive

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I went to a job today, following a visit from a retailer ( not sure which one didnt ask) who had installed a washing machine, on installing the machine he diagnosed insufficient water inlet flow and advised calling a plumber ie me. The existing cold feed was run under a concrete floor in 15mm copper and unprotected, I disconnected this pipe and capped under the sink as I was unhappy with the unprotected pipework. I ran a new cold feed from the bathroom upstairs to fix the insufficient flow issue. Problem solved you would have thought however on turning on the washing machine (there was no longer a flow problem) after approx 5 mins the machine began to vibrate badly and make a banging noise. I advised calling the retailer or manufacturer as I do not deal with washing machines other than installation pipework and waste pipework. I suspected that the transit bolts had not been removed? has anyone got any experience of washing machines that could shed any light on this, its playing on my mind, I hate not having the answers.

left a 2 inch 10 in my pocket once almost cut the drum in half,dont knw how it did it i think it punched through the drum got stuck in the case and while it was spinning just cut its way round ,stan safegas has just killed his as well
that was my apprentice , he put a hilti 10mm drill bit through the glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to washing machines in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock