Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Washing machine inlet hose connection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jabber1986

I have recently had to pull out my washing machine to gain access behind it to do this I disconnected my inlet hose from the back of the machine (this came attached to the machine when purchased). I am now putting the machine back in place and I have noticed that there is no washer in the inlet hose and I cant find one on the floor, so my question is do all washing machine connections need washers or is it possible that there has never been one in there?

There is usually a rubber washer on the hose, you can buy them from any plumbers merchant. It will leak without one.

Thanks to both of you for your replies, the mains end of the hose has a washer with a filter incorporated, its the machine end which has nothing on it just a plastic right angle joint. I will pick up some washers a B&Q tomorrow. I will take the hose with me to make sure I get the correct size
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Washing machine inlet hose connection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have noticed for a while now that when our washing machine nears the end of a cycle we get a bad smell of dirty water in the downstairs...
Replies
Views
Hi My washing machine is 5m away from the water mains copper pipe/valve. I've currently got a long blue inlet hose connecting the washing machine...
Replies
Views
This is the only place I can fit a washing machine in my new kitchen. The drainage pipe would have to go approx. 5 m - is this okay or will it...
Replies
Views
A
My mum is trying to connect a washing machine and dishwasher in her kitchen. She got a guy out to do the job and he ended up making a hole in her...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock