Discuss Washing machine makes scratching noise when NOT running in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I used my LG ThinQ front loader washing machine for the first time this morning.

Just to wash some pocketless shirts, so I'm sure there was nothing in there that could have fallen out. Now, however, the washer is making a metallic scratching/ twanging sound every few seconds, even though it is completely off.

There doesn't appear to be a foreign object in the drum, the rubber seal around the door, or the lint filter. The machine is on flat tiles, not vibrating against anything else.

The sound is driving me nuts. Any advice on the cause potential fix would be greatly appreciated!

if its turned off it shoulded make any noise, have you turned the power off at the plug. as it my be faulty electrics?

Reply to Washing machine makes scratching noise when NOT running in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently over the past 2 months, the boiler or area by the water tank has started making a loud groaning noise whenever hot water has been running...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m new to this site but hoping someone can throw some light on a difficult problem on kitchen drainage. This is in my father-in-law’s 4th...
Replies
Views
In our semi-detached house - and also other houses 50 yards away recently had an issue whereby we could hear the mains water pipe sounding like...
Replies
Views
A
Wondering if anyone can shed some light on what might be happening here. Kitchen is situated in a block of flats, with a common waste stack...
Replies
Views
R
Hello, I am new here so I hope this is posted in the correct forum. We have 1) noise from our washing machine when drawing water from mains and 2)...
Replies
Views
radiatorhiss
R
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock