Discuss Washing machine compression valves on plastic pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bigsteve1635

Hi The Knowleageable

I dont do plastic plumbing, i'm old school copper BUT just got a flat for my son.

Just had to rip up the kitchen floor due to a leaking waste pipe. all plumbed in plastic, no pipe clips to speak of so now installed some on the water supply to sink etc and fitted a couple to the waste as weight of the unsupportred pipe pulled the fitting apart on the waste.

Now fitted solvent joint with clips.

But my question is this, on the dishwasher and washing machine supply plastic pipes there are steel tradintional taps fitted, they dont leak, but they both rotate on the plastic pipe when you try to undo the rubber supply pipe fitting the come from the machine.

Is this OK does not seem right to me, but dont want to wind up the compression fitting and bugger the plastic pipe.

So some advise would be good.

Is the pipe moving inside the W/M valve or is the whole thing rotating possibly in an elbow behind the unit?

Hi no

the complete isolation tap fitting, one end is compression, the other is where the supply pipe from dishwasher screws on too. turns on the plastic pipe like the compression joint is not tight enough, if it was on copper pipe i would just jet the spanners out and tighten it up. But maybe they just do that on plastic pipe, its not a speedfit item looks like a normal copper pipe fitting.

If you isolate the supply and the remove the valve check there is an insert in the plastic pipe, then give it a nip up just don't go mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Washing machine compression valves on plastic pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock