Discuss Was He Right To Disconnect Our Cooker?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reg Man is correct ,ask to speak to the manager he should sort it out and get the ball rolling double quick

I know yeah im just sick of my dick of a landlord but i am stuborn as hell and i will hold on as long as i can....thats a very good idea i will defo ring them up and demand to speak to the manager and threten to ring trading standards. **** it ill demand a free cooker while im there lol

thanks guys

I was just thinking if this landlord is a prat maybe he asked the engineer to disconnect your cooker in the hope you will be going anyway ? its not out of the question , why not get him back to show you the leak on the meter and ask him how big a leak there is ? ,as the cooker firm are going to charge you £100 to look at it and if there is not a leak the engineer will have to pay the bill as it was his mistake, I dont think that is being unreasonable

the was he put the sniffer on the side of the cooker and it was sky hight bleepin and everythink,trust me if there wernt a leak ild have him stright back out and tell him to reconnect him and he wouldnt get anythink from me.

i dont see why the company can't use one of the gauge thingys or just take it away and test it theres gotta be a way around it ent there?

Last edited by a moderator:
depending on what type of sniffer he had there is a wheel on the side and you can make it make that noise,Yes there is a way around it call the manager and tell him what has happened ,why didnt the engineer who installed it find the leak when it was installed i wonder ?. Ask to speak to the manager and dont be fobbed off The shop have to organize getting this firm back and sort it end of story ,its their problem to sort out not yours as a last resort tell them a friend of a friend works for watchdog ,good luck

haha that might work..well there has been a couple of reviews on the cooker mentioning leaks inside the cooker so im not doubting that there isnt, i am defo on them today thankz

Okay so nothink yet i have emailed trading standards they are goint to get back to me i am on hold again, with the company.
(you may laugh but i am being deadly serious) i'm looking on free cycle and bargain pages trying to get a cooker for the mean time(doesnt mean i will give up on nagging these...soo who's got a bit of festive spirt and would fit it for cheap or free if i find one? :D(BIG smile) at least then we can stilll have christmas dinner.

or even come and fitt the one thats sitting in my kitchen as im gettin no where with any one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay so nothink yet i have emailed trading standards they are goint to get back to me i am on hold again, with the company.
(you may laugh but i am being deadly serious) i'm looking on free cycle and bargain pages trying to get a cooker for the mean time(doesnt mean i will give up on nagging these...soo who's got a bit of festive spirt and would fit it for cheap or free if i find one? :D(BIG smile) at least then we can stilll have christmas dinner.

or even come and fitt the one thats sitting in my kitchen as im gettin no where with any one.

where do you live?

Birmingham?
im waiting them to ring me back first apparently there ment to be picking it up but this is the first i've heard of it so im baffled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Was He Right To Disconnect Our Cooker?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back