Discuss Was He Right To Disconnect Our Cooker?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get back on to the cooker supplier - be certain of your rights and that the supplier might divert you to the manufacturer - but to get things moving the real legal responsibilty lies with who supplied it to you. 4 month old cooker leaking and no proper help.

centralheatking

Yes - only 4-5 months old, it's not fit for purpose (Gas engineer has confirmed this), demand a replacement - even the manufacturer is unable to fix it.

so what could the engineer from swan done if the cooker wasnt connected up?
he told me that i should get on to the company i got it from and ask for a replcement but he put somethink diffrent in his report.

Make that call to the supplier and do not be fobbed off.

centralheatking

could be a bad install,i would have checked hose connections first,but thats just me,you could get a gsr engineer out to reconnect and check area of leak,may be quicker than waiting for supplier.

becky4 you are not having much luck at the minute, ask the engineer who disconnected the cooker where he found the leak on the cooker ,regarding the cooker engineer he doesnt sound to eager, you have done the correct thing safety wise , they should send an engineer out agin to fix the problem or deliver you a new cooker asap and bill them for the disconnection and reconnection plus the agg, I had this on a new hob a few weeks back and the engineer came out and insisted there was no leak on the hob which was rubbish the guy did not even have a gas sniffer,he eventually found the leak and the landlord got a replacement hob

I never do have much look to be honest with you i am not a big beliver of karma,ive got a lot of stuff happening at the moment, i need a new house to rent the tenancys up start of jan, i can't find anywhere that will take us because we havent got a deposit and there no chance of us saving for one in short time specially with christmas an not having a cooker my babys due in april and we really need some where. so im havin abit of a poo time of it.

anyway my life story...(WARDS) i don't want to have to pay to have this one reinstalled and the for the new one if we get a new one an ive just about got the money for the one installation, so its just me on the phone nagging them all day tommorrow aswell.

Does the engineer fromswan have to be a gas safe guy i am guessing he should of showed me his card.

just because your tenants agreement is up does not mean you have to move out. legally there is sod all your landlord can do especially if you are still paying the rent, yes the swan engineer has to be gas safe registered and he has to be qualified to connect and reconnect cookers

What was this guy thinking of. The first engineer did the correct thing in making safe the situation by disconnection. The manufacturers representive turns up and says he can't do nothing, because its disconnected. What an absolute waste of space. Report this to trading standards and read the riot act to the manufacturer. They have a legal obligation to you under ther consumer protection act. Also go back to the retailer and give them the story. Your contract is with the retailer, although the manufacturer gives the gaurantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Was He Right To Disconnect Our Cooker?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock