Discuss Was He Right To Disconnect Our Cooker?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

becky4

Okay so we had a guy out too fit our new boiler last week end he found an internal leak in our cooker and disconected it straight away.
now i have been on to the manafacturer of the cooker they sent out there own engineer to test the cooker he has been unable to do so because the cooker isnt connected up was he right to disconnect it would you of if your a gas engineer?thanks becky.

yes if there was a gas leak ,he,s had to (with your permission),we have a legal obligation,
google gas explosion irlam

yeah if gas leak. I.D applance, capped off gas supply to cooker. label and warning notice but only with customer approval

No it's okay as the manafacturer doesnt seem to understand why it had disconnected it..(capped it off )
and can't replace it for this reason.
so it looks like we'll be having christmas dinner out of a slow cooker.
i didn't give my approval but given the chance i would of as ive got kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes if there was a gas leak on the cooker, it's not safe!
More is the issue .
The manufactures engineer should be qualified & able to reconnect it to test it. Or he shouldn't be touching it, or maybe can't be bothered!

Thats very true do there engineer's have to be gas safe?
i am completely p'd off

How much is standard for a cooker to be fitted?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you hadn't given your approval the engineer would have been legally obliged to call Transco who would switch your gas supply off completely (so no heating).
The engineer did the right thing. How old is the cooker?

the manufacturers engineer could of just put a gauge on the gas connection on the back of the cooker and tested it using the air from his lungs to confirm a leak! Sounds like he couldn't be bothered to me.

I was just seeing who's in the right as i ent gota clue,its only 4-5months old thts was done my head in.

the manufacturers engineer could of just put a gauge on the gas connection on the back of the cooker and tested it using the air from his lungs to confirm a leak! Sounds like he couldn't be bothered to me.
ha what a div wit till i phone swan tommorrow there gunna get a right ear full thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Was He Right To Disconnect Our Cooker?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock