Discuss Warning about Hilti in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Tools in general are good, but if you get a duff one expect to be ignored by their rep when you try to resolve the issue. We have a duff TE7-C corded hammer drill. It has been causing problems chasing out walls for a while now, already been back once for repair. The tool is 5 months old.

We have asked for a replacement tool as the same fault has cropped up again.

They are ignoring our requests so we are about to start small claims court action.

I wanted everyone to be aware of this so that if you are thinking of purchasing Hilti tools you think twice about it!

I for one will never spend another penny again with them.

Hi Ray. I have read through their one page of T&C's and I can't see anything in there limiting my rights under the Sale of Goods or Supply of Goods And Services Acts. Please would you cast an eye over them when you have a spare couple of minutes? I am sure you are more of an expert in this area than I.

Thanks!

Hi Keiran.

Have a read of clause 12.2

You have to prove the problem to their reasonable satisfaction

And once you have done that, they get to decide, at their absolute discretion, whether to repair, replace or refund.

I would be very confident defending those terms and conditions.

I would suggest trying other tactics than legal threats that I don't think you can see through.

I can't speak for Hilti, but I know how I react. If I get a stroppy barrack room lawyer yelling at me, I tend to get defensive and tell them to shove it. On the other hand, if I get someone being calm, reasonable and persuasive, then my natural desire to sort problems out and keep customers happy comes to the fore.

why do you only have to provide a reasonable opinion but they have to provide conclusive proof?

Because it was our lawyer that drafted them!

Sometimes customers (particularly large contractors) try to impose their terms of purchase on us, and they are equally one sided. We just tell them we are very sorry but we can't accept orders on that basis. Easy for us, because we don't rely on contract business.

At the end of the day, the relationship between supplier and customer shouldn't descend to legalities. Whilst I will occasionally point them out to people, if I find myself arguing with a customer about our terms and conditions then its because I have already decided that I am happy to lose that customer, and possibly all of his friends. Otherwise its best to find some common ground and try to find a decent compromise.

In our game, reputation for fair dealing is everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Warning about Hilti in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock