Discuss wall hung basins in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Are all basins ok to wall mount as long as you use the correct fittings? As I don't see any difference between them?

The smaller cloakroom basins will all be fine to hang on the wall but with the larger bathroom basins They have to have the larger he's in them for Fischer fixings or similar not just the normal screw holes.

My former partner in Plumbing and Heating (still a mate) showed me the perfect way
to get the correct hight when installing a bracket basin. BUT I NEED TO BE CAREFULL HERE

So what he used to do was stand in front of the wall. Go up on tip toes (in his boots)
and make a mark on the wall directly in line with his Robinson Willey (gas fire for younger fitters).

No need for tape measures dead easy - I am sure lots of us have tried this out in public houses ...................centralheatking

My former partner in Plumbing and Heating (still a mate) showed me the perfect way
to get the correct hight when installing a bracket basin. BUT I NEED TO BE CAREFULL HERE

So what he used to do was stand in front of the wall. Go up on tip toes (in his boots)
and make a mark on the wall directly in line with his Robinson Willey (gas fire for younger fitters).

No need for tape measures dead easy - I am sure lots of us have tried this out in public houses ...................centralheatking

Sounds like somebody else who has done time in Germany with the british army?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to wall hung basins in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a vanity basin and concealed cistern toilet to install. In place if a wall hung basin and toilet in a down stairs cloak room. The only...
Replies
Views
A few years ago I installed a wall hung toilet pan in my last house which did not flush well when disposing of waste solids. The water would rise...
Replies
Views
I’m experimenting with the installation of a floating countertop / basin. At the top of the picture are the brackets I’m considering using. Below...
Replies
Views
I’m fitting a small basin on a floating countertop (30x40cm) and will be chasing the internal clinker block wall to around 100mm wide to accept a...
Replies
Views
I removed the old vanity unit in my bathroom, intending to do a makeover. Finished the shower cubicle, and starting on the vanity. I bought a 2nd...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock