Discuss walk-in shower glass and silicone in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Installing a walk-in shower screen. When I've done this before I've always applied silicone to the inside of the screen, along the bottom where it sits on the shower tray and up the side.

The screen I'm installing has instructions which say don't do that, instead apply silicone to the outside of the screen along the bottom and up the side.

Why do the instructions say that? Isn't it just asking for moisture and mould to start collecting under the glass edges?

Reply to walk-in shower glass and silicone in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Shower is leaking into downstairs when water is being aimed at wall . All sealant has been redone on outside and between shower tray and...
Replies
Views
I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning...
Replies
Views
Can anyone tell me where I can get a walk in shower enclosure glass wall channel with about 50mm - 60mm of adjustment in it? I hired a bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the...
Replies
Views
Back