Discuss Vokera excel 80e in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcoastboile

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Having a nightmare with this boiler. Any advice appreciated.

Boiler goes through ignition sequence, burner fires and then boiler locks out. I would have guessed fsp but it fires for litterally 2 seconds. From experience it would normally take longer before it locked out. Am going back with a new one today anyway.

other times it will run for a few mins then lockout. Has had a new PCb, aps, cleaned out fan, Venturi.

noticed bp on 12mbar even on heating. Gas valve seems faulty as unable to adjust min bp.

now diaphram has failed from the sound of it as she said she can't get hw without heating.

the ll bill is now around £500 so I need to repair it. Wish I had never seen this one or said it needs a new boiler straight away.

I am am thinking it may be locking out because the boiler won't sit at min bp so heat rise to sudden? This doesn't explain the lockout that occurs after seconds of the burner lighting though.

going back with gas valve, diaphram and fsp.

Thanks in advance

Pump? Bridge h/l stat. Did it look like this inside?
y5ereqed.jpg

I would've said it's not recognising the flame first. Probe ain't bent too close to burner is it? Is burner fully lit where probe is? Had a burner clogged up with bees the other day so no flame was touching the probe....burner lit and locked in a few secs.

Sounds like a possible earth problem. It sounds like one of those really frustrating problems.

Give probe a good wire wool check continuity and earth bonds as suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vokera excel 80e in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for...
Replies
Views
Hi First time posting, so any advice appreciated. Not long moved into house with Vokera Easi Heat Plus C boiler and it's not firing up properly...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
S
Having a few issues with my combi boiler, its 14 years old now and due to be replaced as we are building extension, but need to get another 10...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock