Discuss Viper Gas or Bpec training manual? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

markadams

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi,

I will soon be starting a Gas foundation course and would like to do some homework before starting the course. I am wondering if anyone knows if the Bpec manual or The Viper Gas manuals are better?

Or

Maybe someone can recommend something else?

I used the BPEC when I did my reassessments last year, although the college has the NEIC books which were very good.

Thank you,

The course uses the Bpec training material but I think it would be good to get a different perspective so I think I will go for the Viper of NICEIC manuals.

Any opinions about the Viper Manuals?

Not seen Viper, but too be honest, if the college uses bpec, it probably best to go with that. May get confusing otherwise, best if you are all singing from same hymn book so to speak.

Viper are good and have mobile options for your smartphone if that is important.

Viper are good and have mobile options for your smartphone if that is important.

Smartphone, is that one that can make the coffee? If I knew they existed I would have got one long ago :cheesy:

Blake:
Good point about sticking to the same material, I would have thought that the factual information would be the same, just thought it maybe a different/better method of teaching?

When we run foundation courses we allow candidate to take their Bpec book away once they have paid their deposit, on the strict understanding that we won't start answering questions ahead of the course because you read something you don't understand because we haven't covered it yet, it's annoying to be asked these questions at break time from a module 3 or 4 ahead of the whole class, I appreciate people like to study etc but its set out in a logical order for class training so it's obvious you won't understand some stuff till you are taught it

When we run foundation courses we allow candidate to take their Bpec book away once they have paid their deposit, on the strict understanding that we won't start answering questions ahead of the course because you read something you don't understand because we haven't covered it yet, it's annoying to be asked these questions at break time from a module 3 or 4 ahead of the whole class, I appreciate people like to study etc but its set out in a logical order for class training so it's obvious you won't understand some stuff till you are taught it

This is an interesting perspective, I was just trying to read up a little as I have never done any Gas plumbing (several years of water plumbing) and did not want to be left behind.

Out of interest how many days training do your students have for the gas foundation course?

Maybe it would be better for me to start the course and see how I get on??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Viper Gas or Bpec training manual? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Am I the only one struggling to find appliances' manuals online? I know it's hard enough with cookers and old gas fires but I've just been unable...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
Please can anyone help or point me in the right direcrion. I have recently completed a 18 month bpec management learning programme...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have an elderly neighbour getting quotes who has asked for my help and opinion, I don't really have a good one as it is not my area of...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock