Discuss Video Games in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IDCHAPPY

Just from a thread in the arms that got some good responses, list some of your old favs and tell us why :)

Some of my all time greats:
Double Dragon, when it first came out in the arcades i was totally hooked, an awesome beat'em up and a real 10 muncher :shades_smile:

Streets of Rage. And not sure if it counts as a video game but I've gone missing for weeks playing Football Manager

Streets of rage, paperboy captain sky hawk. Sonic on game gear or whatever sonics game boy

Last edited by a moderator:
In the arcade it was Double dragon, streetfighter 2, ninja warriors, Outrun :)
On my commodore 64 it was The last ninja, and any game by , Thalamus, System 3 or hewson , they pushed the c64 to its limits :') I still play games today and I'm 39 :')

Sim city 2000? Theme park? Dune2 mario? Duke nuke 3D. Wolfienstine3D, jazzrabbit, diskworld, boy and his blob. Zela. Digger t rock.

Used to Love Double Dragon at the arcades.

Back in the 80's I lived in Bexhill and my best mate at school was a lad called Russel who's parents had split up. So Russ would go stay with his Dad every weekend, and every Friday I would go with him to stay over with him. His dad would take us to the arcades and give us a quid each sometimes 2, which was mental but he clearly wanted to spoil his son. 10 or 20 goes on Double Dragon, Streets of Rage, Centipede. Ha!

Oh and Billy, I have an Xbox 360 and a PS3 no plans on updating those though. Don't have the inclination anymore. My thumbs start to ache after half hour!

Streets of Rage. And not sure if it counts as a video game but I've gone missing for weeks playing Football Manager
SoR is awesome, probably no 2 was my fav scrolling beat'em up of all time. It's a tough call between that Final Fight and Double Dragon. .
Footy manager I was bad for too in my younger days :lol:

The fabled Neo Geo was for rich kids only. Had an Atari ST 520. Then the Amiga came along and stole its thunder. Also had a C64, a Nintendo and a SNES. The SNES was bloody amazing.

Used to Love Double Dragon at the arcades.

Back in the 80's I lived in Bexhill and my best mate at school was a lad called Russel who's parents had split up. So Russ would go stay with his Dad every weekend, and every Friday I would go with him to stay over with him. His dad would take us to the arcades and give us a quid each sometimes 2, which was mental but he clearly wanted to spoil his son. 10 or 20 goes on Double Dragon, Streets of Rage, Centipede. Ha!

Funny you should mention Bexhill dude, there's still an arcade there that some of us in the scene have been trying to get some machines out of for ages... the owner is a grumpy bugger who thinks he is sitting on a goldmine.

Ive had abit of a go on state of decay, prison arcitect and age of empires 2HD

age of empires great games uptill 3 onwards

Funny you should mention Bexhill dude, there's still an arcade there that some of us in the scene have been trying to get some machines out of for ages... the owner is a grumpy bugger who thinks he is sitting on a goldmine.

If I had the big house with a games room, I would love to have an old arcade machine in there! Moved from Bexhill when I was around 12, happy memories, and vivid of the storm of 87, and boats up the high street. I was about 9 or 10 and it was all very exciting.

Sadly my lovely old victorian school has been pulled to bits, turned into flats, and ruined. Would love to have had a final walk around it before they wrecked it.

You guys do know about emulators?
I've recently been playing abe's odyssey, parappa the rapper, r-type, the original snes mario karts, populous, resident evil 2 etc..
If you want links and things to be able to play these games, let me know :)

Every now and then there's a thread that passes completely over my head. This is one of them.

And it would if I was 6' tall before you all start with your smartarsed stumpy jokes!

i loved the wonderboy series,doubledragon, super scramble,phoenix, hyper sports, space harrier

I'm not really a video games person but have to tell you of the many many happy hours I've spent playing the lego Xbox games , especially Lego star wars with my son.

I had an old Atari Aswell and the controller was a square box with a stick bang in the middle and a red button in the corner for shooting. Can't think of the games name but it was the one where you're a little tank thing and you have to shoot away the clouds before you can shoot the aliens. Probably space invaders or something. Man this is a good thread

From the arcade era: Galaxian and Missile Command.

I never had a dedicated games console, but I still reckon that Elite on old Amstrad 1512 was a classic.

A big fan of the Sid Meier Civ series, particularly Civ II which was brilliant, and I would play again now if it would run on Windows 7.

Age of Empires AOK.

Empire: Total War.

Yes mate,I like to have a rip on battlefield 4 and ghosts,but the best game I have played since halflife is The last of us. Its pretty special.

I still remember playing Halflife when it came out, Christmas 95 i think. I spanked that for nearly a whole week and completed it before New Year it was awesome \o/

I had an old Atari Aswell and the controller was a square box with a stick bang in the middle and a red button in the corner for shooting. Can't think of the games name but it was the one where you're a little tank thing and you have to shoot away the clouds before you can shoot the aliens. Probably space invaders or something. Man this is a good thread

Of course Space Invaders.......those 'clouds' were to hide behind so the aliens don't bomb you.

You werent supposed to destroy them.

I got this for the boy, the wife didn't mind me sneaking it in the house :
10155000_544803802307807_1296885426700200676_n.jpg

From the arcade era: Galaxian and Missile Command.

I never had a dedicated games console, but I still reckon that Elite on old Amstrad 1512 was a classic.

A big fan of the Sid Meier Civ series, particularly Civ II which was brilliant, and I would play again now if it would run on Windows 7.

Age of Empires AOK.

Empire: Total War.

You can get civ 2 running on windows 7, it is on my pc.
i'll look at how for you.

5 is surprisingly good but i think 3 was the best :)

Of course Space Invaders.......those 'clouds' were to hide behind so the aliens don't bomb you.

You werent supposed to destroy them.
Haha I think I'm half Japanese and my dad was a khamakazi pilot

My early days where spent on a Commodore 64, playing classics like Rambo first blood , commando Bruce lee, IK+, kick start!

Commando was my favourite. This needs sound to be fully appreciated.

[video=youtube;qrQuR1LHAVI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrQuR1LHAVI&sns=em[/video]

This ones better, it's got gameplay footage

[video=youtube;Hpz8TVMtg8E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpz8TVMtg8E&sns=em[/video]

Here's me playing a bit of Abes Oddysey on an emulator :)
[video=youtube;gDkwvNicVfE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDkwvNicVfE&[/video]

Ha ha I remember that game, follow me ok, still got it in the loft somewhere

Robocop 3 on the Amiga, an early example of a first person shooter/free roaming game

[video=youtube;vYFdgyuv6fU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYFdgyuv6fU&sns=em[/video]

Robocop 3 on the Amiga, an early example of a first person shooter/free roaming game

[video=youtube;vYFdgyuv6fU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYFdgyuv6fU&sns=em[/video]

Good game dude, takes me back. Loved the Amiga :)

Just re installed syndicate :D

Don't think you were born when that was first released were you dude?
Another fantastic game, my fav part was using the persuadatron and getting about 50 guys on your side, total carnage when you pressed that fire button.
If you are meaning anything other than the original game then its gash :lol:

Don't think you were born when that was first released were you dude?
Another fantastic game, my fav part was using the persuadatron and getting about 50 guys on your side, total carnage when you pressed that fire button.
If you are meaning anything other than the original game then its gash :lol:

i was a year old i think!!!

i got the syndicate plus which was the original and american revolt combined in 1998
couldent complete the first mission haha

few years later i was able to start getting stuff done on it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Video Games in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock