Discuss Vibration when first opening hot tap after u/v cylinder heating cycle in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

And another piece of data. This morning I turned the main completely off before opening the hot tap. The noise started the same, but was more protracted towards the end and sounded kind of like if you were to twang a big spring.

Charge is fine, was 3 bar (incorrectly left by installing engineers), has now been set to 2.8 in accordance with manufacturer's instructions. What makes you say EV? Some people saying EV, some people saying definitely not EV. Would love to know what the reasoning behind each answer is. Would whatever issue you suspect the EV has cause a couple of seconds of what sounds like a spring twanging?

Having a read about check valve chatter it seems that turbulence can be a cause, and elbows close to the valve can cause that. Looking at combo valve design and the 4th picture I posted, is it possible that the increased pressure/flow from the EV emptying is causing turbulence in the combo where the check valve is located and causing that to chatter?

I don't like the ev connected to the combi valve. Prefer to t it in closer to the cold cylinder inlet.
That sounds like it might solve the issue if it's chatter caused by turbulence in the valve from increased pressure from the EV emptying. Assume that asking the engineer to cap off the EV outlet on the combi valve, swap the elbow to the cylinder for a tee and take that to the EV would be suitable?

I would like to reiterate that I am not planning on doing this work myself, I want to be able to claim on my house insurance should anything go pop. And for the sake of a few quid that's not a risk I'm willing to take.

And it's fixed! Had someone move the EV from the combi to the cylinder cold feed and the problem is instantly fixed.
Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

Reply to Vibration when first opening hot tap after u/v cylinder heating cycle in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock