Discuss Very poor output from taps and shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nick77

Hi,

I have an ongoing problem with the water flow from my mixer taps and shower. Only the flow rate from the mains-supplied kitchen cold tap is acceptable. Over the last 2 - 3 months the output from the other mixer taps has gradually decreased and it seemed likely that my booster pump had developed a fault. When the taps are turned on there is a reasonable - not great - output fro about a minute and then it reduces rapidly. Turning on 2 taps leaves barely an output from either. Flushing the loo also cuts out the flow from a running tap.

A new variable speed pump was installed last week but there this hasn't improved things. Another plumber spent all afternoon today trying to remedy the problem without success, which was as frustrating for him as it is for me. He thinks there is a massive air-block but can't see how to resolve it. He is going to ask around to see if any of his fellow plumbers have had similar experiences.

I now think it possible that there was nothing wrong with the old pump but can't be sure.

If anyone can advise on this it would be great to hear from you.

Many thanks and regards,

Nick

are the problem taps mains feed or tank feed

also hot or cold or both?

Thanks for replying Shaun.

The mains feed is fine.

I'm on the top - fourth floor - of a block of flats and the non-mains supply is from a communal tank on the roof. The fault is with both hot and cold outputs from the mixer taps and shower unit. If I run more than one tap the flow rate is too low to ignite the boiler. It just fires when a single tap is running.

Thanks for replying Shaun.

The mains feed is fine.

I'm on the top - fourth floor - of a block of flats and the non-mains supply is from a communal tank on the roof. The fault is with both hot and cold outputs from the mixer taps and shower unit. If I run more than one tap the flow rate is too low to ignite the boiler. It just fires when a single tap is running.

are both mixer taps/shower on tank/do you know

The feed to the shower and mixers in the kitchen, bathroom and cloakroom come from the communal tank on the roof via my pump. I think this is also true for the combi boiler, WCs and water softener device. I don't have my own dedicated break tank. I hope this helps.

The feed to the shower and mixers in the kitchen, bathroom and cloakroom come from the communal tank on the roof via my pump. I think this is also true for the combi boiler, WCs and water softener device. I don't have my own dedicated break tank. I hope this helps.

thats ace right do you have a pump to your flat or is there a main one in the plant room and any other tenants have this problem?

I have just replaced a 3.0 Bar pump with a variable speed type. The pressure Set Point is 3.0 Bars with a max pressure delivery of 5.0 Bars. This should provide a second-to-none flow rate but doesn't.

The first pump was installed about 6 years ago and was the solution to my low pressure problem. I'm not sure if other top-floor flats have this problem or have installed pumps but I had no alternative to overcome the poor flow rates.

and the pump is one for boosting incoming mains/tank fed? and not a normal shower one

Not a normal shower one. Also, it doesn't boost the mains supply, only the feed from the break tank on the roof, which branches off to my flat first. The low rate into the pump is good.

The new pump is a DAB E.SYBOX MINI. The previous pump was a Stuart Turner Monsoon extra Negative Single 3.0 Bar.

Not a normal shower one. Also, it doesn't boost the mains supply, only the feed from the break tank on the roof, which branches off to my flat first. The low rate into the pump is good.

The new pump is a DAB E.SYBOX MINI. The previous pump was a Stuart Turner Monsoon extra Negative Single 3.0 Bar.

thats fine has it been piped as mis state and there no valve half shut is there this might help if not might be worth a ring to dab tech

[video=youtube;DQsx-nLJDx4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQsx-nLJDx4[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Very poor output from taps and shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock