Search the forum,

Discuss Vans in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumben

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
So my insurance is up in April and I've had my current van 2.5 years, it's done me great and still going strong but I could do with more room in the back as its a bit short on space and I end up climbing over everything even though its racked out very well, so my question is what do you guys drive and manage with?
currently got a traffic swb was thinking of looking at either a lwb vivarro/traffic or LWB high top

Got a SWB VW T5, only just big enough but fits parking spaces well. Vivaro perfect size for more install based stuff tho

vivarro lwb and still run out of space for my liking (bigger van = more crap you can carry)

had a Nissan primastar swb when I was employed but now have a trafic lwb and definitely wouldn't go back to a swb version

I bought a brand new Lwb vivaro in September and it has a nasty gear box. It has been back 5 times now. They keep trying to repair it instead of replacing it. Won't be long before i park it in the show room. Got it racked out nice though. It is a good size.

Think the high tops look a bit strange as though it was an afterthought when they made them

I was thinking Lwb vivaro/traffic for the added room, but currently I've got all my gear racked out and still end up with buckets of random crap, pipe, sand and cement, screwboxs, saw horses, ladders and power tools that don't fit in the van vault on the floor which just ends up in a big pile if I have to pick anything up for a job and I'm not carrying the stock that i'd like to

I manage with a small van and a garage to keep most of my stuff it, I work local always and just fill it with what I need for the day and if I need anything else I just nip home its a system that works for me.

A lot of my customers live in places where a huge LWB coach just wouldn't park.

What do you think about the ex British Gas ones ? Are they good I've seen some online pic that they are not really spacious as they have installed shelfs

I've got a lwb Toyota hiace, I regret the length. It doesn't fit in many spaces.

I've got a lwb Toyota hiace, I regret the length. It doesn't fit in many spaces.

That's one thing I was wondering about is parking as you can get a Lwb high top or a Swb high top but I don't know if the high top would give me much more room

That's one thing I was wondering about is parking as you can get a Lwb high top or a Swb high top but I don't know if the high top would give me much more room

The problem with high tops is ladder and tube storage.

Yeah that's true but ladders wouldn't be too much trouble I'd just have to spend good money on a rack and ladder, and tube would fit inside the van in a high top which would be a plus
But it's only a possibility at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vans in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock