Discuss Van Security in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just wondering if anyone has security locks fitted to doors of their van they can recommend. I was looking at getting the type that comes with 2 seperate plates and a round padlock fitting in the centre( I would post a picture if I knew how to:(. If anyone knows the type of locks I'm on about, do they know if they would fit a Vauxhall Vivaro, side and rear doors. I know if someone is intent on getting in they will do, just trying to make it a bit harder.

just got a van vault. if they want to get into your van they will, have them make a noise when there in there and id be out there with my dog breaking legs and stuff.

Just wondering if anyone has security locks fitted to doors of their van they can recommend. I was looking at getting the type that comes with 2 seperate plates and a round padlock fitting in the centre( I would post a picture if I knew how to:(. If anyone knows the type of locks I'm on about, do they know if they would fit a Vauxhall Vivaro, side and rear doors. I know if someone is intent on getting in they will do, just trying to make it a bit harder.
they will fit,but rust quite badley

This type are good..

The universal rear door bolt slam lock is specially designed to meet the toughest tests for vehicle dead lock rear door security. It stays in the stand-by position until the door closes, also helping to pull the doors into line. Please note: The 'Rear Door Lock' is not compatible with 'Tailgate Doors' (up and over type rear doors). Then it automatically bolts into position, unseen, to be released simply and quickly using a 1/4-turn of the key. The bolt cannot be forced or prised open to remove it once fitted. The lock mechanism is particularly unique, in that it can be operated from inside the vehicle using a lever in case the driver happens to lock himself in the back of the van!
van-door-rear-lock.jpg

Van Locks - Van Security Slam Locks Dead Locks for Vans and Light Commercials - UK Suppliers

Funny enough getting all new locks on my expert van this week ,as three have been destroyed by people trying to get in over the last few years, the last was the driver’s side ,so now have to open passenger side first to get in and out, can only buy full sets, so had to do all, that back lock looks the biz my look into one, the back door is often bent were people try to get in, alot of my friends are not signing their vans now because of this, police saying since recession started lots of vans suffering the same, joys of London,maybe have to start working in better areas but then probably have ex Russian millionaires trying to get in trying to get some of me £1428.57p days takings:p

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking of investing in a van vault, don't want it taken up too much space in the back of my transit though, can anyone recommend a decent sized one which is also heavy duty and not likely to be easily opened or removed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van Security in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock