Search the forum,
  • Thread starter tommy1712
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 3K
  • van

Discuss Van lease hire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

Does anyone lease a van? What's the pros and cons and prices

Depends on the lease.
My mate got one and the silly sod opted to pay for all servicing and repairs.

A bit mad i think.
Id have gone all inclusive

My mates got a new transit custom in black and it's lovely £240 a month. Where I always had a old £1500 transit and used till they drop lol. Think I fancy something nice

My mates got a new transit custom in black and it's lovely £240 a month. Where I always had a old £1500 transit and used till they drop lol. Think I fancy something nice

if your looking to get something new take out something where you'll own the van at the end of it, most of us are driving round In 10yr old vans mines 12 so it'll last a while and if you look after it

As long as you've got good stickers on your van - you are cooking on gas!!! :auto:

Mmthats always been my view, 52 plate transit bit scabby round the edges but goes for ever

But the new transit is veryyyyyy nice

Be careful with the term Lease! There is Lease Hire, Lease Purchase, Lease Contract, Contract Hire also known as a Service Contract. Some have a small deposit and a large payment at the end known as a Ballon Rental. Some require 3 rentals in advance. A 48 month £250pm contract could go something like 3x£250 plus vat depo, 30 days later 1st rental followed by 46 rentals, followed by final rental of £2000 plus vat, plus over contracted mileage charge.
Always remember some key points: you never get some thing for nothing. No such thing as free finance, someone pays somehow. Rental agreements, such as lease hire, contract hire mean you never own it and it is illegal to own it as you have claimed 100% relief on the rental. If you do own it you will need to pay the relief back! Lease purchase, hire purchase means you own it at the end but still may have large balloon payment to make at the end. All hire, rental, purchase agreements require the vehicle to have comprehensive insurance. Plus if the vehicle gets written off, stolen etc, you are liable for the difference between its value and the outstanding finance. This can be insured against with GAP insurance.

I looked into leasing or renting a van when I first went self employed, for me purchasing a vw t5 was defs the cheaper long term option!

I looked into leasing or renting a van when I first went self employed, for me purchasing a vw t5 was defs the cheaper long term option!

It usually is if your not ltd co and vat reg. All hire/lease pay,nets and deposits are plus vat. Usually the best deal for the self employed sole trader is a straight forward HP agreement, no balloon, no maintenance, low interest or zero, 4 year deal, on a van with at least. 3 year manufacturers warranty. My last new van, a vivaro, was a model change, clear out deal, with gm throwing money at it to get rid. We got 10% depo, zero % finance over 48 months, plus 3 free services and 4 years makers warranty.

It usually is if your not ltd co and vat reg. All hire/lease pay,nets and deposits are plus vat. Usually the best deal for the self employed sole trader is a straight forward HP agreement, no balloon, no maintenance, low interest or zero, 4 year deal, on a van with at least. 3 year manufacturers warranty. My last new van, a vivaro, was a model change, clear out deal, with gm throwing money at it to get rid. We got 10% depo, zero % finance over 48 months, plus 3 free services and 4 years makers warranty.

You did really well. How's it driving? Do you recommend them?

Also beware that your lease will most likely only allow x amount of miles per year...if you go over you pay extra at the end....

Yes that's the killer. 4 years and 100,000 on the clock, hand it back to the lessor and the finance company sends you a bill for 3 instalments plus vat, plus 20,000 at 6np per mile, plus a charge for 2 services you missed cos you where skint, and the body damage and the removal of the racking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van lease hire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Does anyone know a good, not super expensive, leak detection company in the London area?
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Has anyone one fit or serviced one of these before; Heatrae Sadia 25l 9004010. It a 25 litre hot water storage cylinder.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock