Currently reading:
Van broken into last night on drive

Discuss Van broken into last night on drive in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

moony

Climbed over Bosch drill, Milwaukee impact and fluke meter, and took sat nav!

Broken window done at 9pm ! Shocking I didn't hear them - went to empty van of tools at 10 and found it ! Sad thing is I always thought van had alarm on it but no all it has is remote locking! So booked in fit alarm this week now.

It's a nightmare, on edge now they've done 3 cars last night in just our cul de saq one had the house keys in the car ! And they tried to get in house! Unbelievable! The front they've got to do it at 9 o'clock at night - I'm often in and out that time of night too.

I never seem to catch anyone as much as I'd love too!!

Illegitimate people!!! Scum of the earth!!! On the plus side(if there is one) they left your tools mate so you can still earn a crust(even if you can't find your way there) Sorry,shouldn't joke.

Illegitimate people!!! Scum of the earth!!! On the plus side(if there is one) they left your tools mate so you can still earn a crust(even if you can't find your way there) Sorry,shouldn't joke.

Likewise! hope window and sat nav covered by insurance hope your luck picks up regards turnpin
icon7.png

Don't leave any sign that you have a satnav, or these scum will break a window to look for it. The window satnav holder sucker will leave a round mark on inside of glass that will show when window is dampish.

not claiming off insurance - purely as the window was 100 and sat nav is 150 - excess 100 - so hardly worth the hassle and premium going up for 100 quid...

yes lucky not to have the tools go - i have spares of most things but still i would of been gutted to lose the milwaukee and marcrist stuff.

so it will be back to the old road maps for time being lol

Bet they haven't got the brains to drive a Milwaukee.

Shame and feel for you.

On the bright side, if there have been so many break-ins there, the police might find some evidence - if they can be bothered.

What a nightmare. Dread having my van broken into. Know it will happen one day. I live in a quiet cul de sack, but when parking is tight, I have to park round the corner in the side road. (Had to tonight as I worked late, fixing a boiler in a pub).

I just know one day I'll go out to an empty van. The very thought angers me. Sorry to hear of your woes.

had my old van broke into 3 times in a year, tho it was a expert which you only need to trump by to open the doors on. You can try your best to stop them but sometimes it just means its more damage and more cost to repair when it happens :(

I hope it never happens to me, you can never be sure though. I once left the side door open all night by accident felt a bit lucky nothing had been touched!

i didnt have any luck with the expert, i once left it in the street and had to ask my brother to put it on the drive because i had been on the pop. He drove it into neighbours fence :( and he was sober.

Alarm being fitted tmrw - so last night of neighbour hood watch - well I say last night :) I'm kinda liking been a nosey neighbour and in the windows all the time haha

M8 i caught a little smack head smashing my window to get into my van and i grabbed hold of him. he pulled a knife i smacked him one police came arrested me for assult he walked away same day i spent night in nick 80 court cost had to pay him 150 compensation. He had slap on hand no court costs and 25.00 to pay for window is it worth it if you catch them.

M8 i caught a little smack head smashing my window to get into my van and i grabbed hold of him. he pulled a knife i smacked him one police came arrested me for assult he walked away same day i spent night in nick 80 court cost had to pay him 150 compensation. He had slap on hand no court costs and 25.00 to pay for window is it worth it if you catch them.

so you just grabbed a guy as he attempts to steal the means of your livelyhood.....FINE!

then he pulls a knife.....now you life in in immediate danger and you smack him one.......THATS NOT FINE because you should have cut his balls off ......and even after that the police should say.......fair enough....problem dealt with...

no such thing as justice anymore.....its quite sad

Yeah Steve been looking at the Tom Tom app.

To be honest if I caught them I'd just give him/her a hiding, ten years worth of break ins. I'd probably not phone the police then, fear of being reprimanded for excessive use of force? Or whatever they call it - neither would they I wouldn't of thought?

Either way I'd like to be in the position of catching them and deciding what action I would take - I just never seem to catch the buggers

A few years ago,my brother caught someone trying to break into his car.When the police arrived,one of the coppers asked my brother if he wanted to hit him,my brother said "I cant do that" the copper replied "of course you can,I saw him try stab you with his screwdriver".So my brother took him up on his offer.Like I said it was a few years ago before every scrote had his "yooman rights"

A few years ago,my brother caught someone trying to break into his car.When the police arrived,one of the coppers asked my brother if he wanted to hit him,my brother said "I cant do that" the copper replied "of course you can,I saw him try stab you with his screwdriver".So my brother took him up on his offer.Like I said it was a few years ago before every scrote had his "yooman rights"

My sort of copper, shame there's not more.

excellent, pity the world has changed to such an extent that the copper would get the sack and probably be sent down for inciting violence.

am i the only one who doesn't think people should be allowed to physically attack people for burgling them? even if the robbery itself was violent? well i mean i know i'm not. politicians, judges, the police, they all at least officially agree with me.

it's not even that you could never excuse it - in many cases i think you probably could. i know i would feel the same compulsion (that's excuse it, not justify it.) it's just that it would be a terrifying and terrible society where this would be routinely allowed. so if you want to beat someone up who robs you you should at least recognise that - as understanable an urge it may be - you are not being persecuted by an unfair society by being prohibited from doing so.

also - in a sidepoint, in terms of the robber's free will - if you'd been born into the robbers family, been given his parents, identical childhood experiences, had the same brain, the same genes, the same moment by moment incremental influence of formative experiences and stimului, understood things in the same way and to the same extent and lived his life exactly as he did right up to the point where he walked on to your driveway at 4am, how sure are you that there would have been something in you that would have stopped you commiting the same crime?

Watertight have you been burgled or had your car or van broken into?

It may also alter your opinion if this was the tenth time you've had it done to you in last 12 years. Nearly once a year. Had kids things stolen so you have to break the news to them, had to cancel holidays because you've had to replace tools - something the missis and kids don't understand - had someone rummaging through your bedroom, the kids are scared to go to bed at night and you can't sleep at night cos it affects you that bad ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van broken into last night on drive in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock