Discuss Valiant VKS76E in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zx1200r

Hi all, newcomer to the forum here. We have the above boiler and recently come winter it starts playing up. 3yrs ago it was a circuit board which took british gas from November to Feb to aquire and fit. The year after another problem. Last winter it behaved itself but if I remember right it wasn't a bad winter just miserable. Anyway, for the last 5 years or so BG have been telling us it needs replacing and now I'm inclined to agree. As you might imagine info isn't easy to come by on this unit so I was wondering if any of you good people could help as I suppose something of a similar capacity will be necessary. The system is open-vent as I understand it with a header tank, 18 radiators (almost all doubles) and an overly large probably primatic (I'm told) cylinder which we'll replace at the same time
Thanks in advance.
Vinny.

post in im looking for a plumber section with your area and one on here will quote for you with luck

Welcome Vinny
that beast you have suffer ignition failure for a variety of reasons, get some one to size your system up, you may get away with 2x 30 kw boilers on a LOW LOSS HEADER, again hard to say without seeing it, the gas valves are unique to this boiler and are obsolete now too

good luck

Thanks Vern. Tonight we switched it on manually and it tried a few times before the reset button activated, it did start eventually. Might be a nip in the air come morning though.

Get it replaced soon as pal, they just fail when they get to this stage, I am sure there's some in Wilmslow on here who fits Vaillants too

Get it replaced soon as pal, they just fail when they get to this stage, I am sure there's some in Wilmslow on here who fits Vaillants too

Yep we're looking into it at the mo' but what bioler would you recommend? Odd thing is we've come to realise the bugger comes on fine in the morning with both the heating and water coming on 6-7AM but in the evening with both set at 5-6PM it trips?

Anyway vern you mentioned 2x30kw boilers as opposed to say 1 x 60kw, the gas fitter who came also mentioned that but at the time I failed to ask why. Would it be to provide some sort of backup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Valiant VKS76E in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am looking to replace my existing Vaillant heat-only boiler with a new Vaillant ecotec plus 630 system boiler (30kW). I have a megaflo hot-water...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a hot water cylinder which feeds 3 outlets (kitchen sink, basin in bathroom & bathtap) which has never had very good pressure (probably...
Replies
Views
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock