Discuss valiant system boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

erj

Gas Engineer
Going back to a job on friday, got a vailantt system boiler fully pumped, but when ther boiler switches on first thing in the morning ie 6am the boiler bangs, but the rest of the day fine,have fitted a new pump but to no avail, any one any idears.boiler 6 yr old hard water area but a water softner fitted

"Bangs" can mean many things ... Possible suspect when the info is limited is the diverter valve. Do you know if they talk of the noise being in the radiators or around the boiler?

could be passing a bit of gas, just enough overnight to give explosive start

Reckon it's a bit of explosive ignition.

You've changed the pump, it's a system boiler? So I assume you're GS Registered?

Have you checked the gas valve? Have you checked the spark electrode? A bit more of a description of the problem would help.

Last edited:
never thought to check the gas valve, letting a bit gas through makes sence as it is quite all day, a banging noise is the only info i have from cust, just looking for things to check to try a be a bit more prepeard

I've done it again (second time tonight) we will only discuss gas related topics in the rellevant section. So if we want to discuss this further maybe we should start a new thread in the correct section.

ERJ - are you GS registered?

Yeah, I'm going to be more careful what I say from now on and make sure I only put it in the restricted section.

In fairness, the really experienced guys on here have forgotten more than I know so I tend to let them answer gas questions anyway.

i ask questions every single day in relation to gas work, im 23 and have millions to learn... but from what i kno i like to help other people as i knew how it was from the start, its scary! but folk who are just using this information as a way to save a few quid are insane... lessons will be learned.

bettersafe.gif

Had a PM today telling me he is GS - 3447. If that was the case, and his number is indeed several thousand older than mine I would be very suprised.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks.....or how to repair a boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to valiant system boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock