Currently reading:
vaillant thermocompact problems

Discuss vaillant thermocompact problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

guyster1973uk

hi folks i live in a 2bedroom council house which has a vaillant thermocompact heating unit installed( which has worked great in the past). last week the boiler unit started making loud frothing noises and i was struggling to get a decent amount of heat built up so i phoned the council who sent somone out and he said i know what the problem is sir its a partial blockage in the heat exchanger he ordered the new part and fitted it a few days afterwards. after the part was installed im still struggling to get a decent amount of heat built up in the house. i actually noticed when the heating is on the pump is on and the boiler temp gauge idles at 64F the boiler ignites for about 5-10 seconds making a loud whooshing-whistling noise( which was not there before) shooting the temp up to 80-81F then ignition cuts out and boiler temp drops back down to 64F then the boiler reignites and it kept doing this over and over. i phoned the heating engineer back out and explained i couldnt get a decent heat in house and told him about the boiler ignites for 10 seconds cuts out for 10 seconds and reignites over and over again. he said it shouldnt be doing that but never actually checked it( it didnt do it when he was there) and he said as far as i can see theres nothing wrong with your heating. i struggle to get the house temp above 18C and thats with the heating on for 2 hours where as before this fault occured the house temp would get to 22-23C with no problems.

anyone got any ideas about this? the whooshing whistling noise sounds like air or something ive also noticed the heating unit itself gets extremely hot.ive also noticed when the heating is switched off when i go to put the hot water on u can hear the water pumping around the radiators. is that normal?. ive had the council gas engineers out twice now and both times i explained to them the problems im experiencing its basically going in 1 ear and out the other

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the older vaillant boilers have a manual air bleed on the main heat exchanger, can stop it from working.

well i moved into the house last year and the person i done a mutual exchange with stayed here for 7 yrs and the current heating system was fitted when she stayed here BUT the heating had never been turned on(mainly due to the fact she didnt bother to get the gas uncapped the whole time she stayed here) i had to get the gas uncapped and i also had to get the heating system commissioned so basically it was a brand new heating system when i moved in so it must be about 5-6 yrs old.im just wondering if some of the debris/sludge that blocked up the heat exchanger has maybe clogged up the pump as well

hi folks spoken to vaillant tech support on phone this morning who said they think its a flow restriction/blockage

hi folks got the council back out today( after kicking up a stinker about i cant go another night with virtually no heat) explained to him what it was doing and also told him vaillant tech support said to me its either a flow restriction/blockage or the pump isnt working right. he checked the pump and said its not very responsive its running idle all the time. he fitted a new pump so im gonna see how the heating works now if its still same ill be getting them back out.

thanks. council also coming back to install a second radiator in living room gas engineer told me hes gonna get a line put in for a second radiator cos the radiator supplied is not big enough for the room. which ive always said.(my living room is 19ft x 13ft and the current radiator is a double radiator 55 inches by 18 inches)

hi folks i spoke too soon. heating was on for 2 hours last night and it struggled to get house temp up to 20C and i also noticed the boiler was making a slight spitting/ketteling noise when boiler temp got to 82F and can also hear the boiler temp rising through upstairs radiators.

hi folks had gas engineer out again today cos house not building up heat (house temp only getting to 20c with heating on for 4 hours) he said nothing wrong with yer boiler im gonna go back to the depot and have a word with my gaffer and get someone out to reassess the house for size of radiators cos far im concerned your 2 bedroom radiators arent big enough the hall radiator isnt big enough and the living room radiator isnt big enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vaillant thermocompact problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock