Discuss Vaillant rubber hose leak! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassafe

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Any guys familiar with the rubber hose leaks on Vaillant ecoTec Plus combi. I cant find replacement part numbers online? Are the replacements rubber hoses also? Its the left hand side hose leaking, do i have to replace the rear hose (right hand too). Thanks

You can get the rubber hoses or you can get a different kit which is copper pipes that run from heat ex to water block. Its better to use the copper pipes as this is a more permanent fix but they are quite pricey where as the rubber hoses are really cheap but they will leak again in a couple of years or burst causing alot of damage inside the boiler

You can just do them one at a time, they come as just the hose and a couple of jubilee clips.

It is possible to order up a solid bit of copper to replace the rear section of pipe complete.

Edit- too slow :)

0020068956 might be the copper tube may want to check it first
180946 is the rubber hose they say no longer availible so might be a different number

Did the job today, i fitted the upgraded copper pipe replacement, didnt fancy risking a piece of rubber hose with jubilee clips... what were vaillant thinking with that!
Cost around 80 quid tho, Vaillant are cashing in on there design fault i reckon.

Just out of interest is that £80 for 1 or for both. I always make the mistake of telling the customers the price of the hoses and they always go for the hoses so I havnt fitted the pipes for ages.

I asked a Vaillant tech guy about this as it seems a poor design to me. They were originally rubber to allow for expansion and contraction due to heating. Doesn't explain why they could then replace it later with a solid copper one piece replacement....

The £80 price is for the left hand side copper replacement, the right hand side is even longer so probarly more expensive!

The kit comes in two bits and slides up & down so maybe expansion is taken up in the design??

I had the right hand side the other week was £45 + VAT

I agree it really is a poor design, that and the non replaceable fusible link on the main HEX have put me off vaillant for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant rubber hose leak! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I removed an old shower hose, which was installed by previous home owner at least 12 years ago. Upon removal, the connection is like nothing I...
Replies
Views
S
I've attempted to replace the shower hose from our Aqualisa Lumi electric shower unit. The new hose is badly leaking water out from the connection...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig...
Replies
Views
C
I got my regular annual boiler service for my Vaillant ecoTek 930 about a month ago, and the engineer identified that the AAV was leaking, so he...
Replies
Views
Cabe F
C
Dear professionals, could someone kindly advise on per below issue, please let me know if more pictures or details needed. I think my Auto Air...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock