Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant ecotec pro high fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

B

Burger

For gas ratings does anyone know why when I put some ecotec pro's into high fire (p1) the temp goes sky high and shuts off? Had it in a newer one other day so it's not rubber hoses

Method
I turn the time switch to on, room stat up, select p1 and open hot tap.

My thinking is:
  • Blocked plate
  • Too poor a flow rate and not enough cold water to cool plate
  • Pump goosed
Any other thoughts on this?

For gas ratings does anyone know why when I put some ecotec pro's into high fire (p1) the temp goes sky high and shuts off? Had it in a newer one other day so it's not rubber hoses

Method
I turn the time switch to on, room stat up, select p1 and open hot tap.

My thinking is:
  • Blocked plate
  • Too poor a flow rate and not enough cold water to cool plate
  • Pump goosed
Any other thoughts on this?
What if you run it on the heating rather than opening the hot tap? Does it do the same.

Trvs closed due to room temp?

Not all of them have trvs, so might not be that and I forgot to mention sometimes the rads don't get hot??? So if that's not happening in high fire there must be something stopping it. Also the one I did yesterday was in 10mm - could this affect it?

Haven't tried it tbh, might give it a go, what if it does the same?
Pump or blocked main HEX.

If it just does it on HW side of things then must be something on the HW side. Could be something simple as a blocked inlet filter (The one underneath) not letting enough flow through the plate. Or a blocked plate on the primary side.

Not all of them have trvs, so might not be that and I forgot to mention sometimes the rads don't get hot??? So if that's not happening in high fire there must be something stopping it. Also the one I did yesterday was in 10mm - could this affect it?
How many rads?
LSVs fully open?
Valves under boiler and on filter open?

How many rads?
LSVs fully open?
Valves under boiler and on filter open?

4/5 rads on this particular one, didn't check lsvs but I installed a wireless room stat not long back and it was working then. Valves under boiler were open and no filter. Only thing I did notice was what sounded like a restriction ( bit like when an iso valve is half open) when hot tap running. Could it also be diverter valve?

Turn high fire on and then remove the diverter head and open the hot tap

Reply to Vaillant ecotec pro high fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock