Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant ecotec pro high fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

B

Burger

For gas ratings does anyone know why when I put some ecotec pro's into high fire (p1) the temp goes sky high and shuts off? Had it in a newer one other day so it's not rubber hoses

Method
I turn the time switch to on, room stat up, select p1 and open hot tap.

My thinking is:
  • Blocked plate
  • Too poor a flow rate and not enough cold water to cool plate
  • Pump goosed
Any other thoughts on this?

For gas ratings does anyone know why when I put some ecotec pro's into high fire (p1) the temp goes sky high and shuts off? Had it in a newer one other day so it's not rubber hoses

Method
I turn the time switch to on, room stat up, select p1 and open hot tap.

My thinking is:
  • Blocked plate
  • Too poor a flow rate and not enough cold water to cool plate
  • Pump goosed
Any other thoughts on this?
What if you run it on the heating rather than opening the hot tap? Does it do the same.

Trvs closed due to room temp?

Not all of them have trvs, so might not be that and I forgot to mention sometimes the rads don't get hot??? So if that's not happening in high fire there must be something stopping it. Also the one I did yesterday was in 10mm - could this affect it?

Haven't tried it tbh, might give it a go, what if it does the same?
Pump or blocked main HEX.

If it just does it on HW side of things then must be something on the HW side. Could be something simple as a blocked inlet filter (The one underneath) not letting enough flow through the plate. Or a blocked plate on the primary side.

Not all of them have trvs, so might not be that and I forgot to mention sometimes the rads don't get hot??? So if that's not happening in high fire there must be something stopping it. Also the one I did yesterday was in 10mm - could this affect it?
How many rads?
LSVs fully open?
Valves under boiler and on filter open?

How many rads?
LSVs fully open?
Valves under boiler and on filter open?

4/5 rads on this particular one, didn't check lsvs but I installed a wireless room stat not long back and it was working then. Valves under boiler were open and no filter. Only thing I did notice was what sounded like a restriction ( bit like when an iso valve is half open) when hot tap running. Could it also be diverter valve?

Turn high fire on and then remove the diverter head and open the hot tap

Reply to Vaillant ecotec pro high fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads in the house and a room with UFH. The LLH was introduced as I was finding (before the LLH was fitted) that my old boiler (Vaillant heat-only boiler)...
Replies
Views
Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24. Hi all, we are having issues with hot water as it only stays hot for a few minutes for the taps and shower. You can visibly see the temp on the boiler drop from about 67 for 42 within a few minutes. We removed Mira thermostatic bar and the water remains hot but as soon...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 838. The issue i have is after the heating is switched on and then left it to cool over night i see the pressure has gone up. For example yesterday it was set at 1.3 heating was switched on and when it reached its temp it went upto 1.9 so no issues...
Replies
Views
B
Hello, I hope someone can give some advice with this problem. I have a Vaillant ecoTec plus 418 with Drayton MA1 mid-position actuator, Drayton HTS3 cylinder stat, Honeywell DT90E room stat and Drayton LP522 controller. Boiler fires up reliably, but after it cuts out as soon as the DHW...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock