Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Vaillant EcoTec Plus boiler whines until hot water is turned on and then stops in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Matthew Wilkinson

Matthew Wilkinson New Member

So for a while, our boiler a Vaillant EcoTec Plus has made a whining noise, usually in the morning when it first comes on but can happen any time of the day (when on). The first time it happened I turned on a hot tap and it stopped. I have been doing this ever since, but actually, it is annoying and happens more frequently than I can ignore.

No error codes, alarms, loss of heating, hot water, and in fact was serviced shortly after it started happening, but I forgot to mention to the plumber at the time because it had only happened once or twice so I thought it was a glitch. Doh!

Any suggestions on a fix? Or is it a plumber job. I have insurance but if I can save the £60 excess, time and hassle then great.

Thanks in advance.

2. Mastermixlee

Mastermixlee GSR

Nope I know what the fault will likely be but nothing you can fix yourself unfortunately. It's an internal boiler part on these thats responsible for this noise.

Will need to make the claim on your insurance and pay the excess for this one.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DuncanM

DuncanM Plumber GSR

Put it this way. The part would cost you more than 60 quid.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Matthew Wilkinson

Great, thank you!

5. CBW1982

CBW1982 GSR Top Contributor!!

Hi Matthew,

How old is the boiler? If it’s in warranty it might be something you can contact Vaillant about.

Thanks,

6. Matthew Wilkinson

It's about 12 years I think. We bought the house 3 years ago. Pretty sure not under warranty.

7. CBW1982

CBW1982 GSR Top Contributor!!

Yeah I don’t think it is, but worth asking. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Matthew Wilkinson

How critical is it? Do I need to get it done ASAP or is it just an annoyance?

9. Ranjeev

Ranjeev New Member

*** naughty naughty internal boiler part mentioned *** probably due to lack of servicing and or inhibitor. They're almost impossible to clean. Try putting some sentinel X800 or fernox F5 powerflush in the system.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
  10. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Ranjeev read the forum rules mate no boiler fixes to non gas safe