Currently reading:
Vaillant ecotec plus 937 flood

Discuss Vaillant ecotec plus 937 flood in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMGasServices

Gas Engineer
Hi guys,

I went out to a ecotec 937 showing error code f75. I thought ill check it the pump is ok. As I open the silver nut I was flooded with water is this normal?

Usually pumps only has a few drops of water dripping not a whole flood.

Secondly, can I just change the pump head or do it have to change the complete thing ? Customer is a single mum who is struggling to make ends meet.

Thankyou for reading.

Cheers

F75 is no pressure rise on startup, usually blocked pressure sensor.
If the boiler is at 1-2 bar you will get a good amount of water coming out.
I think Vaillant changed the design of the pump so a new head won't fit on the original bodies :(

Thanks stoker122 I went in topped up the pressure as it was low. The customer used the hot water and the PRV chucked it all out. Thats why I was thinking its the pump. It also senses the pressure.

Last edited:
Did you check the expansion vessel?
Sounds like a good service is needed :)

Replace the pressure sensor (or unclog the port). The position of the sensor was changed.
Thats the first thing I would check, then the pump IMO.

The 937 also has a Prv and expansion vessel on the 15 litre storage vessel that needs checking AMG.

Thanks for your reply everyone, I recharged the expension vessel. Then replaced the pump. The boiler fired up the heater exchanger was making a knocking noise so it's blocked and shows error code f28. It's not worth replacing the heater exchange.

On a 937? Surely it can't be so old it's not worth salvaging. Get some x800 in for a week, flush the system and fit a mag filter.

Do a P0 test (bleeding program) before anything else. Ican't see how the boiler has gone from F75 to F28. 99 times out of 100 F75 is apressure sensor blockage/failure. F28 is ignition/Gas. Actually, given thenoise I would be tempted to drain the boiler, re-fill using P6 then run P0.Once done, create c.h demand and follow the stautus codes via the 'i' button,record the status numbers that appear. Let us know what happens!

Thanks for all your replies folks. Got the good old dryer out and dried the PCB after a few hours the thing fired up. No more knocking noise thank The Lord for that. Glad everything is sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant ecotec plus 937 flood in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back