Search the forum,

Discuss Using Stelrad Stars - advanced level in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

34stuey

Calculating CH system requirements using STARS. Interested in advanced level guidance or experience when using stars to calculate the requirements for an entrance hall with an open double height storey staircase and open 1st flr landing.
The current model for this space, as part of the overall property model, is set up as the entrance hall, the double height staircase and the landing as three separate room models.
I assume that as the required BTU's are given for the three spaces i could add these together and select 2 radiators one on landing and one within hallwayrather than the 3 calculated for each space.
The current 40yr old system has three rads in this space, 1 in hallway, 1 at bottom of stairs (i would like to do away with this one) and one on landing.
Look forward to hearing from the STARS stars out there.
Thanks, S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Using Stelrad Stars - advanced level in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
I have a 320 sqft double storey house with 6 bedrooms. The house is serviced by two heat only boilers (non condensing); a 120k btu (35kw) and a 70k btu (20kw). Both Boilers are installed at ground floor (120k at front and 70k at the back). Front boiler serving front downstairs and upstairs rooms...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a Heatmiser UFH installation, 7-8 years old now. This week we noticed that a few of our heating zones were not warming up, even though the thermostat was showing the flame symbol. They were working fine last winter. I knew from when I looked at the installation in the past that...
Replies
Views
Hi, sorry this is so long. I have tried to give all relevant info. We are building a new, small, two-storey house that is off grid for power. There are only a few companies that do central heating systems locally, and they are aimed at the very top end of the market. We are at the lower end of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice please. My system has 5 Drayton Wiser TRVs. There are 8 rads over 3 storeys and a 170l unvented cylinder. One of the attic rads is in the same zone as the cylinder so just has a "dumb" TRV on it. The two bathroom rads also remain without TRVs and I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock