Discuss Upstairs heating stopped working. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jamesdf5

Hi there,

I wonder if someone could give me their experienced opinion on this issue please?

The upstairs heating in my house has stopped working. Only the bathroom radiator gets hot as normal but it's plumbed with the hot water.
Interestingly I had turn the water off at the mains prior to this problem. A couple of days later I noticed the upstairs heating not working. I'm led to believe that is just coincidence.
I have bled all the upstairs radiators except one in the upstairs hallway which will no longer bleed since this problem. I have check the valve on that rad and its depressing properly.

My plumber mate popped over and tried to clear any air blocks but that didn't help. He thinks the system may need sealing to remove the air and to check for leaks.

Any thoughts on the problem and this solution would be extremely welcomed.

Thanks

James

Is thee a zone valve on upstairs heating
I'd like to think your plumber checked but just in case

Good suggestions above :)

If rad has stopped filling then it's possible that the ball valve in the header has siezed? won't stop the heating working though unless a lot of water has been allowed to evapourate/escape?

Just a thought :) ... Otherwise it's circulation, which could be a multitude of possibles :)

Is thee a zone valve on upstairs heating
I'd like to think your plumber checked but just in case

Yeah there is a motorised valve upstairs if that's what you mean? He's had to look at that previously and I'm pretty sure he checked it.

Yeah there is a motorised valve upstairs if that's what you mean? He's had to look at that previously and I'm pretty sure he checked it.

Open the motorised valve manually when heating is on and see if any rads upstairs heat

Hi James ....you dont state what sort of heating system you have -
1. is it a combi which heats your hot water quite quickly ?
2. is it a system that has a small tank in th roof and an airing cupboard with
a copper tank ?
3. when you bleed the rads does any water come out ? if so where and on what level ?

I do not understand your plumber mate 'sealing the system to remove air'

let us know the info....................CHk

if its worked previously why would you want to seal it? does your mate wear a stetson? get someone in who knows what they are doing

Of course we're all assuming there's water in the F&E tank. The OP turned the MWS off prior to the problem.

My thinking is crap in the ballvalve seat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Upstairs heating stopped working. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft...
Replies
Views
D
Hi. Turned my heating on for the 1st time today, i bled every radiator as haven't done it since last winter. upstairs worked fine but an hour...
Replies
Views
Hi. A new house regulation for a 2 zone heating system because it's bigger that 150sqm. I'm I right in saying zone 1 should be all of the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs...
Replies
Views
R
Hello its my 1st post hope im in the right place We brought a new house a medium-large 3 bedroom semi, we moved in the summer. Now coming to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock