Search the forum,

Discuss Upgrading iPhone to latest version of iOS - Warning!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. Anyone else out there who has an older iPhone, i.e. 4S or earlier? If so I would suggest you don't take their free 'upgrade' to iOS 7. My phone is now completely unusable as the screen keeps turning itself off. A factory reset hasn't sorted it and Apple have no option to allow you to downgrade to iOS 6 again.

Hopefully will save someone a lot of hassle. If you don't have an older iPhone then this will be of no interest to you whatsoever!

Unfortunately, iPhone users will have no choice but to upgrade to the latest software as the apps that run on the phone won't work unless updated.

Apple are very crafty with their software updates. I had am iMac G5 for years. Not a single problem with it but had to replace it as I couldn't update the software as it wasn't compatible.

Hope you get it sorted. I got a 4S on the old iOS still... Surely apple have tested it out on all the models!!
I hate how they control it all tho, they probs just pushing us all to get the new 5!

touch wood, my old iphone going fine on upgrade at present.

And be careful if you have the facebook app. Apparently, the new version has "auto-upload photos to facebook" defaulting to on, which cause some embarrassment to this gentleman.

Link

My 5 is pants now its on iOS.7. Another warning, if you've got a late model I pad your text messages come on screen. So your Mrs can read your texts and text with your ID. I was out last night and my Mrs was texting my mate from what appeared to be my phone! Best thing was was she was declaring my undying love for my mate, and it was coming from my phone!

Android rules!

Yep was always an android man, but if you can find a case as good as the griffin survivor for the iPhone I would bin mine in 2 seconds . Only reason I have iPhone is the case! The apps are carp and hardly ever free. iTunes is pants and battery ???

got a iphone 4 and updated it to ios 7 the other day and im still thinking about smashing it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Upgrading iPhone to latest version of iOS - Warning!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all.. Anyone have experience with this programmer and phone App? I replaced a LP722 with one and it does work 95%.. Hot water comes on and so does CH. Some strangeness though.. Just looking at the HW screen earlier.. time set for just 1 hour per day every day.. 7:00 - 8:00 I was lookin at...
Replies
Views
R
Hey all, apologies for the long post: I've had a new Ideal Vogue boiler installed with a T6 wired thermostat so the OpenTherm is activated as confirmed by the boiler. I also have the outdoor sensor installed but I now understand that when OpenTherm is used it ignores the outdoor sensor...
Replies
Views
richardc1983
R
B
The new iPad is called..." New iPad" they must have been up all night thinking that one up. So far from keynote speech, live - • Apple announces new iPad, available 16 March • Confirms 'Retina Display', A5X processor and 5MP camera • Also adds LTE and voice dictation • iOS 5.1 announced; brings...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock