Discuss Update on my combi install, had a couple of fitters round for quote in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cis4cookie

Basically following on from a previous thread asking for help regarding a combi installation

Had a chap round yesterday who had a look a everything, basically im putting the rads on the walls, and the job will be for them to fit the combi and controls in the larder cupboard connect upto the rad runs, gas supply and carcase the bathroom, also connect the rads where needed.

The heating runs are in 15mm and with the room layout the runs, both up and down, go through the centre of the house from the front wall run into the hall/landing into he back rooms and to the back walls, so completely straight runs so around 11-12 metres I reckon.

Any way first chap says he would run 22mm from boiler to the 15mm runs and then replace a percentage of the 15mm runs into 22mm, he said a 22-28kw boiler and picked a glow worm ultimate with 7 year warranty , wireless controls which he said makes his job easier, £2100, this chap probably been plumbing for about 7 years I think as its a friend of a friend.

Next bloke, done my cooker fitting sometime ago, 55 years old been plumbing all his life and his dad before him, he basically quotes for the same job but says theres no point changing any 15mm just 22mm off the boiler to the 15mm runs. He says ill only need a 24kw and would supply a baxi platinum with 10 year warranty, waiting for his quote but seemed confident he could offer a competitive price

there are no taps currently, only one installer went to the mains to see what the pressure was like.

I have heard o ideal logic its just no installer has mentioned it

Pressure is not the only deciding factor. The engineers should test your mains pressure and flow rate with a flow cup and idealy with secondary outlet open so they can get a realistic idea of dynamic pressure and flow and not just static. This will help determin how the combi will perform if fir instance the washing machine is on or the toilet cistern is filling or someone is filling the kitchen sink while someone wants to use a shiwer or fill the bath.

I would choose to fit a Vaillant if it were for myself. Lots of skilled and reputable engineers on here have different oppinions as to their favourite boiler to fit. I have fitted Baxis and Mains both made by Potterton and have had no problems. I have heard good things about some of the current Ideal boilers, Gloworms and Aristons. Typically if an install is carried out well, with new valves on radiators and system thoroughly flushed you should be ok with any of the brand options you have been given.

Last edited:
Its pointless fitting a 30kw boiler if the pressure is low, flow rate is down, maybe thats why they're said 24kw

I like baxi but what do other lads like, intergas ?

Fit a 24 kw and contend yourself with having a shower as opposed to a bath. What is the point of fitting an Ideal Logic+ 35kw boiler when your pressure is pants? As has been said, loads of 24kw boilers out there and doing a good job at that

But it will lift water by more than 35c so you could run scalding hot bath then add some cold opposed to a like warm bath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Update on my combi install, had a couple of fitters round for quote in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock