Discuss Unvented System - Finding a competent engineer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

farout20

I am thinking of installing an unvented system. How do I know I am dealing with a competent and knowledgeable engineer? What questions should I ask?

It's a bit of a pointless question, really. Unless you are an expert, the installer could just spin you any old guff and you wouldn't *really* know...

Ask to see his/her G3 qualification. Often it's on their Gas Safe registration card but not by any means always, as Gas Safe don't actually administer unvented and it's optional to list the qualification with them.

Your best bet is to get 3 quotes and compare them. If there is anything in any of them that is glaringly inconsistent or baffling, then come and ask us!

I am thinking of installing an unvented system. How do I know I am dealing with a competent and knowledgeable engineer? What questions should I ask?

Check his or her credentials.

FYI, when the unvented ticket was first introduced, it was a certificate for life, basically it had to expiration date.

Since then however, it has been changed so that engineers need to be reassessed every 5 years.

It's a bit of a pointless question, really.

Ask to see his/her G3 qualification. Often it's on their Gas Safe registration card but not by any means always, as Gas Safe don't actually administer unvented and it's optional to list the qualification with them.

That's me out of the way den.
My Gas Safe card will tell you that I am not G3 qualified or registered. But if you ask, I'll show you my Niccece card which claims I am fit to touch unventeds. But as masood has pointed out, my likes will fail to meet your criteria

he is a super plumbah & Gas engineer. Too hard working for my likes. Based in your area but travels all over the place to help customers (especially Damsels) in distress.

Where on earth does he get the energy????

Cheers everyone :)

I have visited job today and have explained to Isabella her options ! Quote is to be sent in the next few days and updates will follow ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented System - Finding a competent engineer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Am I right in thinking this is an aav, never seen one looking like this one before but it is on a old megaflo unvented system mk2. The heating...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
I had an engineer out today to quote me for a boiler install. It got me thinking, what should they be doing so I that I can see they're competent...
Replies
Views
Hi all not a plumber but am an engineer I have pressure drop in the system Worcester Bosch came back after repressureising the expansion vessel...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock