Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Unvented secondary return question. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Masey

Gas Engineer
Can somebody clear up an ongoing argument for me. Would changing the pump valves on a secondary return hot water pump be down to a G3 unvented ticket or not? It's a topic that often gets heated in our company between plumbers and gas engineers. We didn't really touch on this on the unvented course so I'm still of the opinion that its not a G3 task. As long as the expansion vessel or any of the other safety devices aren't being touched its surely down to competence??

I did try and post this in the G3 unvented section but no joy??

Interesting.

Just had a quick butchers through me notes. Think you're ok as the secondary return doesn't form part of the safety train.

My thinking exactly, it's a very grey area on our firm. It's an easy get out clause for people not wanting to change the pump. ;-)

Hi Dan
Ask them what would be the different's between changing a hot tap & a valve on secondary pump ? both will only require turning off & draining the hot water system !!!
Do you need a ticket to change a tap ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented secondary return question. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Silly question (and might already been asked 100rds of time) - I am specifying a circulation pump for the hot water secondary (circulation) return...
Replies
Views
B
I'm a plumbing novice so first of all I apologise if I'm not explaining this situation correctly. I've recently renovated a house for my family to...
Replies
Views
D
I'm running a secondary return hot water system and I'd appreciate your advice please. I'm working on a long house where the furthest draw off...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the...
Replies
Views
I have come to my decision I might as well do my G3, even if only for maintenance jobs. Question I have is WHY we are fitting so many of these...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock