Search the forum,

Discuss Secondary Return Advice in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Daniel 12233444

I'm running a secondary return hot water system and I'd appreciate your advice please.

I'm working on a long house where the furthest draw off point Is around 40m away from the unvented cylinder. There are 3 bathrooms 2 kitchens a boot room and a utility. I have installed a 28mm hot supply through the property reducing down along the way. I have taken the hot water return in 15mm and brought it out near each outlet so basin nearly all the outlets have 2 hot pipes 1 flow and 1 return. I'm worried I've overcomplicated it and should have not taken 2 pipes to the outlets for the hot.

The cylinder will have a bronze pump and check valve.

I'd appreciate your thoughts. Thanks guys

Is it all done in copper? Remember you can't use plastic on a circulating return.

Personally I'd of just brought a return back from the furthest point, just ensuring each draw off is close by to the main feed.

However I don't see any issue in what you've done, as it will just circulate around.

Need balancing valves eg lockshield gate valves on each of the src tees from the hot

Is it all done in copper? Remember you can't use plastic on a circulating return.

Personally I'd of just brought a return back from the furthest point, just ensuring each draw off is close by to the main feed.

However I don't see any issue in what you've done, as it will just circulate around.
Apologies for jumping on this thread but I’m having similar issues. Is the copper pipe a must under building regulations (I’ve just purchased a new build property with plastic pipe on secondary return) if so, could you link me to the regulation.
Many thanks

If your secondary return operates on a timer it may be ok
The definite no no is for a continuously operated secondary return system - usually this is unnecessary in a domestic setting.

Reply to Secondary Return Advice in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock