Discuss Unvented D2 Pipework. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jackplumb

Does the discharge pipe from Tundish have to be sleeved when passing through a wall?

If copper going through a brick wall, I'd say yes. Having seen a couple freeze over the last winters a bit of insulation wouldn't go amiss

I dont remember anything about it having to be sleeved thru a wall in the unvented exam, but i thaught that it was just a rule of thumb / good practice to sleeve any pipework going thru a wall

If copper going through a brick wall, I'd say yes. Having seen a couple freeze over the last winters a bit of insulation wouldn't go amiss

What was freezing there should be no water init to freeze!

In industrial unit under sink, discharging and owner never noticed, so water just froze as it was so cold

It will still freeze if it's insulated if it's cold enough to freeze running water.

Does insulating open ended pipework really make much of a difference anyway? Its like having cavity insulation on your house and leaving the front door open!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented D2 Pipework. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock